What really Grinds my Gears episode 1.

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by Chukz15, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Chukz15

Chukz15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have been meaning to vent this for a while.

In the first installment I will be talking about why the presentation of the MTV reality shows.

Today I will be talking about silent library. This show has such a poor presentation it is actually pretty sad. But before I start let me give you an overview of the game show.

The game show consists of 6 contestants who sit in a "silent library" draw six cards. Usually there is a scramble for these green cards. Then one of the contestants counts to three and they all flip the cards over. There would be one card with yellow on it indicating the person who must complete the challenge. After the victim is revealed they pull this lever down to reveal the challenge. If all the contestants stay silent while completing the challenge they would win Money.

YOUR GRINDING MY GEARS......

Ok right off the bat I noticed contestants didn't walk in together, but it might not be such a big deal because maybe they would want to be introduced separately. That is probably the best part of the show.

Following reasons this show should be removed

1. They laugh for no reason
    2. Contestants show no real interest in making money.
    3. When the lever is pulled revealing a stunt they all burst into laughter even when none of them have been explained.
    4. All contestants have the same occupation (ex:band mates, hockey team)
    5. How is the library is seemingly empty, but then the camera will pan out to one or two people who are staring them down as if to scold them to be quiet as if they were "reading"
    6. The meter on screen that measures how much sound they are making is not accurate at all. When a loud machine is in the room the bar would go a little past half, but if all the contestants are laughing the bar is all the way up top.
    7. The host is harsh on some challenges, but easy on others. So there is now ay to judge if you are making to much noise or not.
    8. When visitors visit to participate in a challenge (exld lady punishment) the contestants take their clothes off about 90% of the time, of course this coincides with the contestants having no idea what the rules are.
    9. Challenges are fake. I highly doubt that drinking a fountain of dirt water for 15 seconds, and brushing your teeth with a "foul smelling" toilet brush would pass fcc.(fear factor has to have all food and stunts deemed safe, though I would challenge the reality of that show as well.)
    10. Contestants seem to force a smile/laugh
    11. Again why dot he clothes have to come off?
    12. No women? In any episode I have seen has a women on it. Strange no?
    13. Overreaction to food.
    14. And finally this is what GRINDS MY GEARS THE MOST:Very poor transitions notice that there is no conversation between teammates, and how challenges go in succession with limited vocals form the host.

The reason why this makes me so angry is because if the show was actually real, and had better challenges it would have the potential to be a great game-show, but of course since 90% of MTV is scripted I do not see that happening.

Gear Grinding Rate:I give it a 4/5 they didn't get a complete five because it has a great idea, very poor presentation.

So I want to know what you guys think. Is the show really that bad? You think my opinion is a waste of time let me know! Post your opinions in the comment section below.
  2. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

tl;dr

So you don't like it....Why are you watching it.

Turn over, watch something else.
  3. TDG

TDG Active Member

Cool beans dude. Now change the channel and stop complaining.
  4. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Go complain about it on an iPod touch forum...
  5. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The funny thing is that he is complaining over random things, its not like the show is offensive to people, its because they are introduced as a group or something, i wasnt really reading because it was a horrible rant. And there are NO WOMEN. OH geez
  6. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I stopped reading after vent. Can someone give me a synopsis?
  7. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blaaaaaaaahhhhhh. rant rant rant rant.
  8. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    umm ther r women on that show, i have only seen women on that show only one and i have watched i maybe 6 or 7 times
  9. colonbracket

colonbracket New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    no, just no
  10. dgxnil

dgxnil Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    so i guess this show got cancelled.. cuz i dont see an episode number 2?