iPhone 4 What problems does the Iphone 4 have ? (Be Honest )

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rrudeboy7, Sep 14, 2010.

1. rrudeboy7

rrudeboy7 New Member

I'm looking into buying an iphone 4

Please Register or Log in to view images

, what are some things i should watch out for ? some gimmicks, pros, cons, where should i buy one, online or at the store. Should i buy an unlocked or get one with AT&T. Thanks.

Share your opinions ! I'll appreciate
  2. alphonse3344

alphonse3344 Well-Known Member

Better Retina Display
    SMS, Messaging, Phone
    Two Cameras
    5.0 MP
    512 MB RAM
    Slim
    Good Design Structure.
    Need more?
  3. cjainy

cjainy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Beware: Wall of text.

After I jailbroke my phone and installed a bunch of ridiculous tweaks and apps my phone is a little less stable, for example it may crash when loading videos in .3gp format. As I was walking home I forgot what I was doing exactly but my phone froze on a black screen while I was listening to music. Music still came out, however the device didn't respond to the power button or home button. It fixed the problem itself (the springboard crashed and restarted), I guess it was a mobilesubstrate add-on that caused the problem. That's just about it. I occasionally have trouble finding wifi in my building but, that's just because the wifi isn't streamed throughout the building on purpose. When visiting google safari occasionally crashes. Again probably a mobilesubstrate error.

Tl ; dr version: Get one, don't install many mobile substrate add-ons.

@alphonse isn't the title of the thread "What problems does the Iphone 4 have?" not "Why should I get an Iphone 4?" >.> not trying to offend you but, eh.
  4. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I can reproduce the antenna issue on mine, but only in low signal areas. I don't think it's going to be much of a problem. I have not dropped a call or had a bad experience with making calls yet. I have only had it for 4 days, but I'm really loving it, especially after having an iphone 3g for 2 years. The upgrade is definitely worth it. I ordered mine through at&t and had it in my hands in 2 days. It was overnighted for free and got here 3 hours earlier than they said it would, best experience ordering anything online ever!

5. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The only iPhone specific issues I have are that the speaker can be easily covered in landscape blocking sound.

I have a recently bought iPhone and have had few signal issues.
  6. sanga282

sanga282 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    bad press, its the phone's biggest issue
  7. Shadeslayer

Shadeslayer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    LOL SO TRUE

I can duplicate the signal loss, go from 5 bars of 3G to one bar of Edge, but I finally got my case so it's no longer an issue.
    Since I have a case it is sort of bulky, other people think it's too bulky but I personally like it.
    In landscape mode you can easily accidentally cover the speaker.
    Other than those few issues (and none of them are much of a dealbreaker unless you're super picky) there's not many other reasons not to get one unless if you dislike some of Apple's practices

8. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    Signal issue, not too bad if you live in a area with good signal i don't

but it is faster, i tweaked it to make it faster like when it was un-jailbroke. But otherwise, great phone! Love the display on it!!

but like every iPhone theirs a better one coming in 10 months now.
  9. TheBigKing

TheBigKing Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have mi iphone 4 about a month and i have never experience problems
  10. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I have a couple issues sometimes with my iPhone 4 (jailbroken), sometimes after installing an App from either the App Store, or Cydia, icons I've hidden with SBSettings (Poof) will reappear, and I have to respring to hide them again. Or sometimes after using SpringFlash on the lockscreen, my screen wont turn off/go to sleep, I have to manually do it.....and, nothing else really! Then again, those are all tweaks from Cydia, BUT, I understand that I'm installing 3rd party software on a "little computer" that's NOT always gonna run FLAWLESSLY when you're tampering with system files Lol. I'm a realist. But, my iPhone 4 KICKS A**, my friends are jealous..put it that way