What next?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by priesty_lfc, Mar 21, 2009.

1. priesty_lfc

priesty_lfc New Member

Hey Guys,

I have a 1st gen Itouch (I think) 8Gb, I jailbroke it probably 18months ago or so, I have downloaded a few apps but what do I do next?

I havent touched it since then so i'm on version 1.1.2 and now pretty much all the apps I try and get (and it doesnt look like they've been updated since i JB it the 1st time) says '15 1.1.1b this package come from a untrusted source, it maybe unsafe to install' or says out off date.

Do I have to re jailbrake it to get it upto date and this will bring up a new source for me to get apps from?

also can I un-jailbrake it to make it original again and jsut use the official Applie updates??

Sorry for being a n00b but any help will be appriciated.

thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    1.1.2 came out in November. You might want to update to the current firmware; 2.2.1, may bug fixes and the App Store.
  3. priesty_lfc

priesty_lfc New Member

yeah but how do I do that?

I thought if I updated while JB it locks your Itouch?
  4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    No, just restore to 2.2.1, and jailbreak with QuickPwn.
  5. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Just open up iTunes and update, there is an area once you plug it in and open up iTunes and check for Updates and you should be at least at 2.2.1 by now and then re-JB it. Also you should know if you have an 8gb by looking on the back of your iPod because it is etched in on the silver backing.
  6. TheTerminator

TheTerminator New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think he means that he thinks he has a 1st Gen and not a 2nd gen. 1st Gen has a flat back while the 2nd gen has a rounded back and volume buttons on the side.
  7. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Good catch Terminator, I missed that one and also aren't the serial numbers different on the 1G to the 2G like the last 3 digits?
  8. priesty_lfc

priesty_lfc New Member

Yeah, sorry I ment wasnt sure which gen, it is a 1st gen (silver flat back)

ok, update and see what happens
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I have to pay to update?
  9. The Crow

The Crow Banned

One question guys before he goes and Restores it and upgrades the firmware. Should or could he get that App. from Cydia (App.Back-up) , so he can back-up all his Apps. or what ever on this iPod that he wants to keep before he Restores/Upgrades/ and re-JBs it? Just a thought before he goes to far, what do you all think?

And no you don't pay for Updates, like I mentioned you just open up iTunes and click the Check for Updates on the main page once you plug your iPod in.
  10. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes you do, from 1.1.x -> 2.x, you pay if using an iPod touch, unless you can find the ipsw elsewhere you're gonna have to pay for the upgrade.

As for backing up the Cydia apps, whatever he has on 1.1.x isn't compatible with 2.2.1 anyway so backing up is a waste of time.

Also, I'd restore up to 2.2.1 instead of updating, best off having a clean slate on a new firmware in my opinion