What Next? An Anti Virus?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by KingOfWar, May 1, 2008.

1. KingOfWar

KingOfWar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would lol if someone actually coded a Anti Virus for the iPod Touch , iPhone. I really hope they wont need to but what if gay people start putting viruses out for the iPod Touch / iPhone?
  2. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

it would be good for people that constantly hit update all without looking (you know, stupid people)

but it would be a major battery/memory drainer, seeing as it would be always running in the backround
  3. jay~jay

jay~jay Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    But Then U Can Always Restore It Therefore Wiping Away The Virus
  4. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    yeah but restoring sucks
  5. Covenant550

Covenant550 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    nothin like restoring after JBing the night before, reputting on all music and movies and having to restore the next day.
  6. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

lol im kind of sorry to say that i restore almost every day, multiple times a day, because i screw up my ipod with app testing and experimenting. but as a result, i've become very wise to the structure of the ipod. i haven't had music on my ipod in over 2 months
  7. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

no offense or anything, but as long as people actually look at what they install, the need for an antivirus will never arise, that being said im not sure how an antivirus for this would work, as far as im aware the only real damage a virus could possibly do on the ipod is mess with files/locations, and i cant think of any way to monitor apps and distinguish which is doing something malicious as apposed to just performing its normal function
  8. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

I still think their should be a repair application, tbat knows the basic .plist files structure and stuff for a certain firmware, and if you accidentally delete a plist or something you can choose it and it will like rewrite it for you. that would be awesome
  9. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

irestore could be the name, itd be VERY complicated, seeing as almost every application that deals with settings edits .plists at some point
  10. fdjkr12

fdjkr12 New Member

agree to Nt1440