iOS 4.0 what kind of ipod do i have and why wont it downgrade?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by daitouchuser, Jul 20, 2010.

1. daitouchuser

daitouchuser Banned

ok i have read alot of threads about all this stuff so basically i have an ipod that came with 3.1.2 firmware and i updated to 4.0 Idk if its a 2g mc ipod or a 3g? its 8GB btw. and whenever i try to downgrade it says error 28 itunes does sign off for it so i dont think i need shsh blobs but what exactly is eroor 28 ive heard alot of different things oh and the reason i upgraded was i jailbroke it and then i messed it up so i had to restore to 4.0 thanks for the help

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well, the 2g 8GB MC is the 8GB third generation iPod Touch. There isn't a distinction between them. Since you've got the missing SHSH blob error, that means you've got the MC model and you don't have your 3.1.2 blobs saved with Cydia. (pretty sure that's how that works) Unless you actually have SHSH files from an earlier firmware, you're stuck with 4.0.
  3. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    You have a 2G model, I'm not sure about the error 28 though
  4. daitouchuser

daitouchuser Banned

ok so i get i dont have the shsh blobs and 2g mc and 3g are the same sweet thanks
  5. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    error 28 seems to be a hardware problem. it will come back every now and then when you try to restore.