What kind of battery life are you getting with your iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ahrenba, Feb 11, 2008.

1. ahrenba

ahrenba New Member

Hey Guys,

I just got my iPod touch (brand new) about 4 days ago. It is now jailbroken and has third party apps installed.

How many hours (approx) are you guys getting on your touch? Are you getting anywhere close to the claimed 22/5 hours?

I installed a battery monitor app on my touch, and from a full charge, the battery drained 20% in about 2 hours. All I did was during those 2 hours was listen to about 5 songs, watch one 3 minute video, and the rest of the time was spent installing and looking at apps.

Also, my brightness is way turned down also.

Is this normal? It seems like it is going really fast!
  2. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I usually burn right through my battery if I'm playing on gpsPhone or something like that. I don't listen to much music though. I'm waiting for them to improve the battery so that I can go get mine upgraded.
  3. ahrenba

ahrenba New Member

Do have an approximate hour count that you get?

When you say they'll upgrade it, can you take your current iPod in and they will replace the battery for you?
  4. orangehades

orangehades New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i've just tested my ipod on a five hour trip, i only listen to music, put the ipod on sleep mode and change music once in a while, my brightness level is toned-down to lowest, after the 5-hour trip the battery drained 50%

so just do the math 10 hours of music = dead ipod

22 hours? ROFL
  5. GTanything

GTanything New Member

I think it might actually last 22hrs or maybe close to it, but heres the catch, the screen must be off. I let it play for about 5 or 6 hrs straight at work on day, the battery life went down to 85%, but it was because my screen stayed off the WHOLE time.
  6. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wlan off, SSH of:

6,5 hours of Music, Games, Videos, Photos...
    (screen was off for 15 minutes at most)

I just plug it into my computer whenever I'm on it.
  7. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    something like this is so variable that there's no way to tell. When apple tested the batteries, they were undoubtably brandnew and pristine. I've heard that the best way to ensure long life in a rechargable battery is to only recharge it when it is almost empty. I am confident that eventually they will develope much better batteries. I have heard that scientists are using carbon macromolecules to dramatically increase the charge of batteries. Anyway you look at it, replacing the battery is expensive and only an idiot would try it himself. I suggest you do some searching on the internet to find how long other people have managed to get their touch to last. I'm sure that there are plenty of tricks to save like 2 or 3 seconds of battery life.
  8. michigan033

michigan033 Banned

I get probaly 10 hours but even if mine is not dead i plug it in at night
  9. slybeans

slybeans New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What's the battery monitor app? Does it work on 1.1.3?

I wanna test.
  10. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    With the jailbreak and other apps running in the backround your going to have a shorter batery life.