What is your personal opinion of the camera?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by joshsta, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshsta

joshsta New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    For all the people that have an iPod Touch 4G and have been messing around with the camera, what is your personal opinion on it? Is it better than it sounds? Also, if you have a camera on your phone that might be 2 or 3 megapixels, how do those photos compare to the Touch's?

Is it really that bad? Or is it decent?
  2. willytboy

willytboy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I currently own an iPod Touch and I test it with my mates 3G and he was blown away that the iPod Touch was way better then his 3MP camera. I tend to saw the iPhone was alot darker and the iPod had more light how ever the iPod had some grain in some certain conditions but the iPhone didn't have that much grains that's just in my opinion.
  3. meccs

meccs New Member

Rubbish. They should have included a 2MP camera IMHO!
  4. Matt_Maggots

Matt_Maggots Banned

It's better than my 2MP phone camera by a long run.
  5. BigD

BigD New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    id say im very happy with the qualtiy its not by any means AWESOME but its great for snapping pics etc. the cameras alone make it worth the upgrade
  6. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    I will not say as I do not have a touch yet, but you got to remember, a camera is better then no camera.

Though for 2010, having a camera that was standard in the early 2000s seems kind of lame.
  7. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I like the camera. It is great for video. But the stills are were they lack the most. Some pictures turn out grainy. Others look perfectly fine. I'd say it's on par with quality. But the only downside is that it is only .7MP. I would've loved to have it just a little bigger so I can use it to set desktop wallpaper (1.3MP-2MP). iFixIt said that a 3MP would be a really tight fit. I don't know about the two though. But you have to remember, a camera is better than no camera.

The front VGA camera is decent. It works, quality is about the same, if not a little lower. But it's VGA (No HD in any way...

Please Register or Log in to view images

).
  8. SadTouchLover

SadTouchLover New Member

Okay seriously are you guys 12 years old? Because the way that you write makes it seem like you are very young.

And honestly this camera is NOT better than no camera. For stills it is literally worthless. I'm very mad at Apple because they definitely could have put in a camera that was a LITTLE better but they decided to sell the products to 12 year olds who wouldn't care and save themselves some money. I am a sad ipod touch lover...

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Dont say anything.... At least Applehave the nerve to add a camera to it. Please don't complain now. Apple will make it better next year. Knowing Apple at this rate. They will either increase the ram (more so) Or improve the camera. So let me tell you this. Wait for the next 2 year to let Apple give you what you want.

It make sense for Apple to use such low but great MP camera. First off it is cheap in bulk. Second of all as the years goes by the price of buying new mobile camera gets cheaper. So Apple will increase the size later on.

As of now be happy. /rant
  10. checkpoint

checkpoint New Member

No offense, but having a camera IS indeed better than having no camera at all. Sure it may not take the best pictures, but at least it takes somewhat good pictures and pretty good 720P video. Stop complaining and be grateful that they added a camera in the first place. If you didn't like the camera, why did you not just get an iPod Touch 3G and wait for the new iPod Touch to come out next year?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.