What is the point of jailbreaking firmware 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by battlaxx, Jul 9, 2008.

1. battlaxx

battlaxx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I dont know what is the point of jailbreaking firmware 2.0 is. Could somebody clue me in... I dont know much about jailbreaking because I havent done it yet, but as far as I know, the reason people jailbreak is to install apps onto their iphone. but now with firmware 2.0 you can do that without jailbreaking...

Do people just wanna do it so they can use their old apps? if so, why dont the old apps just get uploaded on appstore?

do people want to avoid buying apps? ... 70% of apps are free, and there will probably be a way around buying them.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    People want it because they want full control of their device.

And they don't like to spend money. They are frugal.
  3. jordskee

jordskee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah, people dont want to pay money,
    i am
    you get better quality apps and games with 2.0 app store
  4. Youknowwho1890

Youknowwho1890 New Member

also, apple would never ever allow any types of emulators in the appstore. and emulators were a part of the reason why i bought my ipod in the first place. not to mention emulators will be getting x times better with the release of icontrolpad. theres also apps like islsk, which fits into the "people dont wanna spend money" catagory. but there are plenty of apps that wouldnt be accepted into appstore. and themes too, or any other mods you might want to make
  5. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    to some its not a case of money. i would happily pay for good apps (same as i donate for ones on installer) but i dont want to lose the ability to customize the ipod how i want it. thats part of the fun for me, and until its possible on 2.0 ill be staying where i am.
  6. Wicked One 612

Wicked One 612 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There's a lot of apps that are with Jailbreak that will never get put on the appstore. Such as any emulator. Emulators imply that you will use illegal ROMs (which everyone does).

There's a lot of good reasons to have Jailbreak: Emulators, Customize, Summerboard, and other apps that alter the iPod which are not allowed in the appstore.