What is the easiest way that i ( a noob) can jailbreak my ipod on a mac?(i searched)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by rheagles3, Feb 6, 2009.

1. rheagles3

rheagles3 New Member

First off i have tried many times, so dont say just try it and see if itll work. I am going to try again obviously but is there some nontethered version or some really great video that could help me out. the only step i had trouble with was after my ipod is in dfu i cant get it to turn white. well thanks i hope someone can help me out. I deleted all my dowloads(pownage tool etc) lol which was dumb but i just wanted to start fresh cus i was PPPPISSED!!
  2. Munksyman325

Munksyman325 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You get it to turn white by uploading 211iBSS and replugging you iPod.
  3. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The second post (sticky) on this page is the Mac Tutorial. If there was an untethered version, we would all be using it instead...
  4. rheagles3

rheagles3 New Member

i know. but i thought there may be some other way of doing it. i know a lot of ppl are working on programs to do it. search it, i found one that is supposed to come out tonight
  5. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have Windows 7, & JB it the day redsn0w was released so i didn't any tools, so i'm not really sure whih tools would be good in general, much less which ones for Ma. Was the white screen the only issue you were having? You removed it for a few seconds, then reconnected?
  6. rheagles3

rheagles3 New Member

no. i was following a video tutorial and wrote my own script in command prompt (just got a mac so i forgot what the mac version is called) i guess i am not a complete noob. i just called myself that because i have never modded an ipod before. anyway the script they wrote was just stupid and didnt work. so i edited and and also didnt work lol
  7. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol, okie. I'll see if i can find any decent MacGUI jailbreaks

You tried the stickied thread?
    LibUSB installed correctly? I'll see if there's any tools that has the scripts out already