What is the current solution to mobilefinder on iphone os 3.0?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by tech3475, Aug 15, 2009.

1. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I currently need a method to organise my files on my ipod touch which I use to do with mobilefinder, but that no longer works with iphone os 3.0 so what is the alternative?

I have heard of ifile but that's on the cydia store (which I can't use). I have heard about mobilestudio, but the method i have seen to give it root access doesnt work (i can't use the -s command).
    http://modmyi.com/forums/native-iph...41-mobilefinder-root-access-mobilestudio.html

Preferably I would also want it to be able to run e.g. photos or html documents (like mobile studio can).

thanks, I have tried searching but nothing.
  2. Rockinryguy

Rockinryguy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ifile is shareware you can get some features it is better than mobile finder I use ifile
  3. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know there's a trial, what features are disabled after the trial or is there a little trick such as deleting the preferences files (like with alot of OSX apps)?
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

No features are disabled after the 'trial' - it has no expiration date. It does, however, have a nag screen and new features may become registered-only in the future... but as it is, it extracts archives, edits files, and lets you copy/move/rename/set permissions on files.
  5. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    iFile for shure.
  6. ipodmail09

ipodmail09 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iFile is ok but poperknob is far better lets you acces all files evan hidden that ifile does not pick you
  7. Ogonzo

Ogonzo New Member

Maybe I'm a newbie who is a little confused, but are you looking to SSH without going through wifi?
    I've found iPhone Explorer that works pretty good .. check it out .. http://www.iphone-explorer.com/.
    If I'm on the wrong track, please forgive me.