What is the best version of Sudoku?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by robshoy, Jul 12, 2008.

1. robshoy

robshoy New Member

Sudoku is one of the apps I knew I wanted to have on my Touch before I even upgraded. I was assuming it was going to cost $10. So I upgrade, I get to the App Store, and see that there are sixteen different Sudoku apps, ranging in price from $1 to $8!!! Price isn't that big of a deal for me since I was planning on spending $10 anyway, and it looks like the most I'll be spending either way is $8. But with all of these apps, and countless reviews of all of them talking about how great they are, it's really hard to make a decision. They all have features I really like.

The EA app is the most expensive, but I know for a fact it's probably the best quality. I played the old EA Sudoku app back on my 5th Gen iPod, and the graphics, music, and animations were fantastic. From the reviews I've seen of it, they're even better on the Touch.

The other one I'm considering is Big Bang's Sudoku application. It's $5, which I can totally live with. And it looks like it's a pretty well designed app. The reviews have been great, and apparently it's designed to be usable with one hand, which I love the idea of.

Finally, the last one I'm considering is "Sudoku Unlimited" from Phase2 Media. I like the paper-style skin, a bit plain but still cute. And the price is right at only 3 bones. I'm not sure though, since I do like the look of Big Bang's and EA's much more and if it's something I have to look at for a long time, call me crazy, but I want it to look good as well as work well.

There is "Mr. Sudoku" for $10, but the reviews aren't that great and I'm not too keen on the input style. So I'm not even considering that one.

So, from your experience, which of the three that I'm considering is the best? Big Bang's, EA's, or "Sudoku Unlimited"?

Thanks, Peace & Love,
    Robert.
  2. mhowson

mhowson New Member

I'm a big fan of Magnet Apps version, Tile Sudoku - http://magnetismstudios.com/TileSudoku - I think it's got the best input system of all of them (you drag the tiles up into the grid, saving you from typing anything) and at $4.99, it's one of the cheapest.
  3. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

4. robshoy

robshoy New Member

Thanks, I saw that one. Fantastic review (yours are always very good!) but I'm not a fan of the look of that app. For the same price, Big Bang loos like a better deal.

I think I'm going to go with Big Bang. After using it for a bit I might post a review.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks for your help anyway though you guys!
  5. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

cool, i hope to see a review for the big band one.
  6. kitren2

kitren2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think we need a App Review subforum
  7. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If I were into Sudoku, I would definitely buy the Big Bang one.
  8. tylobedo

tylobedo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i would buy the cheapest one, cuz honestly sudoku is sudoku.