What is the Best GMAIL PUSH app for 2nd Gen IPOD TOUCH?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by mrmrscamp, Dec 31, 2009.

1. mrmrscamp

mrmrscamp New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi everyone,
    I recently received a 2nd Gen IPOD TOUCH 8GB. In your opinion, what is the BEST gmail push application to purchase? From the app store, I see there are quite a few. Any help would be great. Also, if gmail chat works in the app, that would be a bonus! My main concern is to have the gmail notifications pushed the QUICKEST, RELIABLILITY, and SECURITY

The top ranked are:
    1) Gpush
    2) Gmail Push
    3) Push Gmail

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Anthony
  2. tvoss

tvoss Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have tried all three of those, and none of them work all the time. But i would say go with PushGmail.

Gpush isnt reliable at all, and Gmail Push is reliable kind of, but i dont think you can link it to your mail app. wich you can do with push gmail
  3. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

4. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  5. mrmrscamp

mrmrscamp New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for your message, but for Google Sync, you can only have one account and I already use microsoft exchange for my work email. Any other tips to get the gmail push notifications? And all of those gmail push are scam applications?

Any help would be great. Thanks a lot
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    but i thought you can only use microsoft exchange for one account, which i use for my work email. do you know of any applications for gmail push that are reliable and credible?
  6. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

Ya, its only one exchange account per device through settings app...
    you could try:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/691011-two-exchange-accounts-activesync.html#post5023037
    http://www.mahalo.com/answers/apple...oft-exchange-activesync-accounts-on-my-iphone

All the apps that "Push" Gmail are pretty much scams to make you pay money for something you can get for free, i wouldnt get them even if they were better than google activesync (they use IMAP IDLE tech and then push mail to you)
  7. mrmrscamp

mrmrscamp New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Your links aren't loading. Can you explain the info on those links? Thanks
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    And does anyone know if a BELKIN Wall and Car charger for the ipod touch will be safe to use? I know some chargers are junk and will mess up the ipod touch and battery. Is Belkin a safe choice? Thanks!
  8. tvoss

tvoss Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea i just got google sync. it is amazing, dont pay for anything. use google sync