What is the best case for iPod touch 5G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Spotted Zebra, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra Member

Hey! So I was wondering what the best iPod touch case is for the new 5G, and where I could get it super cheap. I read somewhere on the internet that the hard plastic cases would scruff up your ipod touch. I want a clear case that is soft (TPU is best). If you know where I could get a could, cheap case for iPod touch 5G please tell me. Thanks in advance! Oh, and I'm new here by the way. :]
  2. SilverShip

SilverShip Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad
    There isn't a lot out at the moment for the new iPod Touch as it hasn't even got a release date yet. But in the next couple of weeks expect to seem some getting released. Welcome to the forums ;)
  3. Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra Member

Thanks a lot! :D
  4. macofan

macofan New Member

5. Suso

Suso New Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I've been looking around for some cases and I generally think that you get what you pay for. For my old Touch 3G I used a generic plastic case which I bought on eBay and once I took the case off....scratches on the back! so wasn't impressed. I've since used Cygnett, SwitchEasy and Case-Mate cases and I like all of them. This site has quite a large range of different manufacturers, the cheapest seems to be FlexiShield (not heard of or used) and the rest are good brands - http://www.lovecases.co.uk/ipod/ipod-touch-cases-covers/5g.html

I'm not too keen on the Case-Mate Creatures though....looks rubbish! Just a quick question though, I've been using the Case-Mate Barely There with my Touch 5G but I haven't been using a screen protector...I know that the screens are meant to be scratch resistant and not scratch proof but would you still recommend using a screen protector? and if so what's the best one? I normally like to use the matte feel ones (used PhoneDevil before and was really happy but they don't seem to have one for the 5G) has anyone used one which they'd recommend?
  6. Dr. Sonic

Dr. Sonic Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    There's one I have now from F.Y.E it's Scosche's case for the new 5th Gen it's flexible rubber and the button are soft to the push on the volume and power buttons also has holes for the camera, mic, and LED FLASH and also the headphone port and speaker.
  7. SilverShip

SilverShip Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad
    I don't normally spend a lot on screen protectors as I don't see the point in spending extra on something that is pretty much exactly the same as a cheaper one. I recommend eBay.
  8. TouchFan

TouchFan Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  9. Dr. Sonic

Dr. Sonic Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
  10. iTom

iTom Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Since yesterday (wednesday, here in the Netherlands anyway) I received my Gear4 transparent case for my iPod touch 5G. It feels pretty nice. Not cheap, not thick etc. It is more an advantage, because of the scratches the iPod has and when I get it out of my pocket, it almost slips out of my hands. The case is a perfect solution.

And it was 'free' for me; I received it from my parents because of the 'Dutch version' of Santa Claus (also known as 'Sinterklaas'; Dutch people know what I mean). :D
    TouchFan likes this.