What is sync?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by jumbo5, Jan 7, 2008.

1. jumbo5

jumbo5 New Member

What is sync all about?

How is sync diff from Manual settings?

I cannot insert 1 single photo in ITUNES.It compels me to select a folder?

Can itunes bydefault convert video files into IPOD format?

Thanx!
  2. Eragon

Eragon New Member

The biggest difference between sync and manual settings is that when you mount your iPod or iPoT, iTunes automatically copies media from your iTunes library to your device. You can adjust which files to copy (default is all) in the summary tab. This is particularly useful if you only have one device with one computer.

If you have multiple devices, and don't want to recreate libraries for each device, manual settings allow you to place specific content on individual devices.

iTunes has limited file conversion capability. The file must be able to play in iTunes before you can consider converting it to iPod format. You can't import a wmv file and expect iTunes to convert it to MP4. You can import a MP4 file having too high a bit rate for the iPod, or too large a screen setting. Select convert for iPod to reformat the file into iPod compatible mode.
  3. jumbo5

jumbo5 New Member

@ eragon

Thanx!...just 1 more query -

I cannot insert 1 single photo in ITUNES.It compels me to select a folder?
  4. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    why dont u want to make a folder...it makes life simple. any pic u want place it in the folder, connect ure touch and it auto places it into the touch. ive done this