What is SSH?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by removed_user02, Dec 15, 2008.

1. removed_user02

removed_user02 New Member

I jailbroke my Ipod Touch two days ago and I was wondering what is SSH? Also I was wondeing if their are any threads for jailbreaking newbies?
  2. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

3. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    there are tons of threads for noobs. just search for what your looking for. as for ssh, its a way to browse and change the files that are on your ipod using your computer. its like 'enable disk mode' for the old ipods. if you are on a mac, cyberduck will suit you just fine. i think winscp is good for pc users. not sure though. hope this helps!
  4. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

surely this thread could have been prevented by searching...
    Secure Shell (SSH) is a way to allow data to be exchanged between two networked devices.
    this allows you to look through files in your ipod and do what you please with them... by using SSH you can add themes, mod applications, etc.
    To do this you have to install 'OpenSSH' from Cydia, and download an FTP program such as 'WinSCP' or 'Cyberduck'
    for more info SEARCH for a detailed tutorial, trust me, you'll find one.
  5. SalParadise

SalParadise Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have to agree with matt. You could have easily found out what SSH was either on the web or through searching this site. Most of the stuff you have questions on are probably already answered somewhere on here. Aside from that....matt, you left out Fugu for Macs.