What is so great about 1.1.2 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by elmachotaco, Nov 23, 2007.

1. elmachotaco

elmachotaco New Member

I just want to know so i know if its worth it to go through the process. Because i am completely fine with 1.1.1, i see nothing wrong with it at all.
  2. kinematic@yahoo.com

kinematic@yahoo.com New Member

A few minor tweaks and improvements. Audio is improved enough to notice, Calendar fix, UI is little bit faster and Alarm/sync bug is gone. Couple other tweaks, but all relatively minor.

I personally like it better and I don't think I could go back to 1.1.1 but I think if you're using it with no problems you can stay with it without thinking you're missing a whole lot.
  3. rhmyuen

rhmyuen New Member

Just curious, what is the Alarm/sync bug about?
  4. kinematic@yahoo.com

kinematic@yahoo.com New Member

The external tranducer (speaker) alarms would stop working after syncing. You have to shut off the iPod Touch and turn it back on for it to work properly.

There are reports that 1.1.2 doesn't fix all units, but it did work for me.
  5. crazlunatic

crazlunatic New Member

it seems less laggy to me
  6. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I'm still on 1.1.1. Everything works and runs fine, so I am sticking to this for now.
  7. elmachotaco

elmachotaco New Member

Thanks guys, I will probably stick with 1.1.1 for now but ill end up upgrading later, i was experiencing some problems with 1.1.2 (long story) so I'm a little hesitant to switch right now.

Thanks everybody.
  8. kevipapo1

kevipapo1 New Member

Safari loads pages faster, about 5 seconds faster or so. Speed improvements, GUI, alarm bug, etc.

As of now the jailbreak process is a bit complicated. You have to install an app in installer that will allow for it to work, then update to 1.1.2, then run the jailbreaker, then reinstall everything over again. But if you have nothing better to do I suggest that you do it.