What is so good about the IPad?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Waffle2jazz, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok so now that the Ipad has been released Is it actually worth it? i still have the impression its a big Ipod i mean i think a jailbroken Ipod is Way better than an Ipad. Sure i dont own an Ipad but by the looks of it, it doesn't have any stand out features, just looks like a huge waste of money on a product named after a Feminine toiletry. So what do you guys think? Is it jsut a big gimmick or does it actually Fit its role of being the perfect device between a laptop and Iphone?
  2. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Like what you said, it's an overpriced ipod that you can't fit into your pocket and has overpriced apps. It has better specs in speed but who gives a crap. It's DEFINITELY not worth $300 when you can get a ipod touch for $100.
  3. almostregular

almostregular Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, it has a application called ipad keynote which you could make a powerpoint presentation and view them on the tv with a certain adapter. It has cool transition too, just like on a computer and it looks great.
    Wider screen (duhh)
    Safari: maybe faster than the ipod touch or iphone(don't know never tried but thats what it says)
    Keyboard: wider keyboard, fits your fingers in (but only on landscape mode)
    It has built in itunes which when u tap ipod/itunes it would come up the same style as you would see on your computer.
    ibooks: similar of reading a real book and can change the style or font of the words
    look more into it on http://www.apple.com/ipad/
  4. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    IMO, the iPad is more like a blank slate for large-scale reading (i.e. tablet sized) or even for PowerPoint presentations, like what almostregular said. However, I have not played around with one as yet, since the iPad has not been released in Malaysia thus far.

The iPod touch, on the other hand, is small and lightweight and as a result, is very portable + mobile since it can be placed in the pocket. Furthermore, it comes with almost the same apps as the iPad and as such, can be considered a smaller version of the tablet!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. tomylee1

tomylee1 New Member

its easy to use and carry that the best thing about i phone.
  6. cameraboirzu

cameraboirzu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The hype is that it's a new apple product. When have they not released something new and not made a fuss, exept maybe for nano's or something.

One thing I don't understand about the iPad is transporation. Is apple selling you a carrying bag or something to carry it around in like a laptop bag? In addition, the whole thing looks sort of fragile. Laptops don't look fragile, but something about the iPad screams "it'll break" to me.
  7. The ipad Seems to be a waste of money to me. I mean look at it what can it do that an iphone or ipod touch can't. Now if you where to just hand me one sure I would take it but to go out and buy one I don't think so.

So far from what I have read it's a big joke especially when you have companies making bags for it called the imax.
  8. JadaSki

JadaSki Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    thats what i have been thinking, it just looks so expensive and fragile..
  9. Magnum

Magnum New Member

It looks like it will surely snap in half.
  10. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It is fragile, if you look around there are videos of people just dropping them once and the screen cracking.