What is Scummv?

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by pnasca, Nov 21, 2007.

1. pnasca

pnasca New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    As stated above what is it? ive read stuff about it but dont know what it is.( i did search)
  2. spinner

spinner New Member

Its a game app, kinda like NES only not as cool.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Back in the day before Windows 95, there were a whole slew of point and click games out there. Most were very fun at the time. While I'm not sure I'd want to play any of them now, except for Nostalgia's sake, scummvm will let me, or anybody play them.
  4. coiagp@gmail.com

coiagp@gmail.com New Member

Not so sure I agree. And for your information several of the games it supports were released after Windows 95 with Windows support - for example the Broken Sword games, which still look pretty good today.

These games are still relevant because they don't rely on graphics to deliver. As such, many of them don't look and feel as 'dated' as other titles from that period. The point and click adventure game genre sadly pretty much died after Lucasarts stopped developing, and as such most of these games are still the best the genre offers, even today.
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I know the whole thing continued after the release of Windows 95, but I guess my memory must be slipping, because I remember having to use DOS to get to the vast majority of the games I played. Although Sam & Max is a later game (weren't we on Windows 98 by then?) that was tons of fun. I wouldn't mind playing that one again.
  6. crazyhacker92

crazyhacker92 New Member

i know it runs good

i wish gba and nes ran just as well

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. denoipod

denoipod New Member

sam and max have a sh*t load of games to play, From what I understand they actually were developing them in a season, episode fashion. Hit the Road was truly excellant.
  8. touchhacker123

touchhacker123 New Member

beneath a steel sky is one of the greatest games ever made
  9. rondon

rondon New Member

noob question...Do all Lucasarts cd-rom games compatible with Scummvm,Or do you have to buy sometype of the special "scummvm" version of the original CD-rom game?Or is scummvm simply the engine? lemme know.. lucasarts games are ver cheap on ebay right now
  10. warlock90

warlock90 New Member

I seriously thought this scummvm engine was some kind of virtual machine lol since it ended with vm haha