What is reasonable storage for an ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hugekebab, Dec 15, 2008.

1. hugekebab

hugekebab New Member

Hi all,

Question 1:

I'm going to be getting an Ipod touch 2G soon in Korea.

I'm looking at the 32gb because I'm concerned about storage but it's expensive.

Did anyone regret getting the 16gb? Or did this seem to be more than enough storage.

I realise this differs from person to person, but I would like some opinions please.

I'm going to be the type of person who has a lot of apps on there, but maybe not so many games.

Question 2:

Can the touch connect to virtually any wireless network or are there significant limitations?

Question 3:

Skype/sundry voip software, not sure what its called, but i heard it works on the touch now. Is this allowed by apple or does it require a jailbreak? does the touch have an inbuilt mike in the right place in order to use it as a phone over wifi? is it buggy/problematic?

Does anyone here use it for voip currently; are there any catches?

Question 4:

Does the battery degrade significantly over time; what is the general concensus about the touch 2g battery?

Thanks

Sorry for all the questions.
  2. eberglar

eberglar New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    How much music do you have? Videos? Are you going to want it all on your iPod? Apps and games won't chew up your storage the way music and videos will.
  3. hugekebab

hugekebab New Member

Well i have 7.5 gb of music and films i can put on and take off.

i know its a hard question to answer, im basically asking; when you had your 16gb touch did you find you were constantly looking for storage and having to delete everything?
  4. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

1. It all depends on how much media you want to store the iPod with, I have an 8GB and it's great, over 2GB left.
    2. iPod touch can connect to any Wi-Fi signal and supports all wifi security.
    3. As with firmware 2.2, 2G supports mic, so I'm guessing it would work(I've never tried it).
    4. iPod battery is lithium ion battery, which requires special care and has a life span, but if anything happens to it you can always take it to Apple. Battery life span of iPod touch 2G is the best among all media players in the market and can last up to 36 hours of
    Music or 6 hours of video.
  5. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    also to add on to the battery part. cnet.com rates the ipod touch gen 2 as being one of the best battery lives of all mp3 players.
  6. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Thanks and done, it's just that I'm posting from my iPod and I had to memorize the questions and then answer them, so I forgot to add that info.
  7. hugekebab

hugekebab New Member

Thanks guys, some useful info.

If anyone has detailed experience using the touch as voip your input would be much appreciated.

man I've got to get me this little beastie, been wanting one for so long.
  8. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

Normally I would think of you as a noob for not just searching, but your use of grammar and big words like significantly and consensus made it all better :3
  9. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    answer 1:

I'm going to be getting an Ipod touch 2G soon in Korea.

i have te 16gb and im doing ood.. i have 100+ apps and 7gb of music and videos with room spare

answer 2:

it can only connect to wifi and it cant connect to hidden and networks with wap2 encryption

answer 3:

Skype/sundry voip software is allowed but you need to buy a mic... it has a little delay.... from no delay to seconds
  10. hugekebab

hugekebab New Member

Thanks

Can you get headphones with a mic in them?

I'm really interested in using voip. Do you think they will be able to make any improvements on the sound delays?

I have done some searching, but I always like to get alternate opinions to check my research.