What is needed for Echange push

Discussion in 'iPod touch in the Enterprise' started by CraftGeek, Aug 5, 2008.

1. CraftGeek

CraftGeek New Member

Aug 5, 2008
    I have an iPod Touch version 2.0.1 and have a working VPN to my office.
    On the back end, we have a test Exchange 2007 SP1 server.

I get through the initial domain authentication during the Pod's exchange setup but when I get to the exchange server authentication screen it fails.

The user info is correct and I'm stuck.

Does the exchange server need additional services installed to enable push?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    From Exchange 2007 help:

"Direct Push is a feature that is built into Exchange Server 2007. Direct Push is designed to keep a mobile device up-to-date over a cellular network connection. Introduced in Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Direct Push provides notification to the mobile device when new content is ready to be synchronized to the device.

For Direct Push to work, you must have a device that is Direct Push capable. These devices include the following:

• Cellular telephones that have Windows MobileĀ® 5.0 and the Messaging & Security Feature Pack (MSFP) and later versions of Windows Mobile software.
    • Cellular telephones or mobile devices that are produced by Exchange ActiveSync licensees and are designed specifically to be Direct Push compatible.

By default, Direct Push is enabled in Exchange 2007. Mobile devices that support Direct Push issue a long-lived HTTPS request to the Exchange server. The Exchange server monitors activity on the users' mailbox and sends a response to the device if there are any changes, such as new or changed e-mail messages or calendar or contact items. If changes occur within the lifespan of the HTTPS request, the Exchange server issues a response to the device that states that changes have occurred and the device should initiate synchronization with the Exchange server. The device then issues a synchronization request to the server. When synchronization is complete, a new long-lived HTTPS request is generated to start the process over again. This guarantees that e-mail, calendar, contact, and task items are delivered quickly to the mobile device and the device is always synchronized with the Exchange server."

So I must be doing something wron on the iPT end....