What is Jailbreak for the ipod touch? (Im New)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DBBuzzkiller94, Dec 8, 2008.

1. DBBuzzkiller94

DBBuzzkiller94 New Member

Heyy there, im getting my first ipod touch for christmas and im just wondering what people mean by "jailbreak" because i dont have a clue

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please tell me what it is!

2. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you have the appstore where you can install new applications on your ipod from apple. and then if you jailbreak your ipod, you have cydia and installer which also allow you to install new applications. the problem is that apple is pretty strict on what type of applications they allow in the appstore. if you jailbreak your ipod you can access other cool applications or you can apply themes on your ipod (changing the icons and wallpapers)

But if you get an ipod 2g for christmas, sorry to tell you this but you can't jailbreak the 2g ipod touch yet.
  3. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

4. Your Everyday Hacker

Your Everyday Hacker Banned

5. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Jailbreakin' basically allows any program written fer the iPod to be run on it. After a Jailbreak, the iPod is basically a mini computer (which is limited to its hardware; the iPod can handle up to SNES and Genesis emulators which are both currently available). Check out BigBoss's giudes at the link below. Personally I wouldn't buy my iPod unless I could theme and skin it like I could my other electronics, I can completely make all the skins I want on my jailbroken iPod =]

http://thebigboss.org/why-jailbreak-iphone/
  6. DBBuzzkiller94

DBBuzzkiller94 New Member

Thanks to the people who actually told me something

i kind of knew wat it was but wasn't completely sure about it....but now i do!
    thank you.