What is it with downloading Roms from a repo?

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by freelancer91, Jun 22, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    With emulators like gpsphone and snes4iphone, I can never seem to be able to download and install roms successfully from a repo. I have several repositories that offer Roms for different emulators, but the only ones that I have seen work are the roms for gameboy4iphone and genesis4iphone. For the other Roms (such as GBA or SNES) it will download and install in the installer app, but when I go into the emulator, it will say there are no roms. Is this a firmware issue?
  2. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Maybe they are installing it into root/mobile/media/ROMs folder. I found out that it was doing that to mine so all I do is move the roms to root/media/ROMs folder. That should do it. I don't know why that happens.
  3. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah this happens to me. I put all my roms in root/media/Roms
    but when I downloaded it it created mobile/media/..... So just delete the one that has no ROMS
  4. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, I moved all of my Roms to the folder you told me to, but it still wouldnt work. Then I noticed that the ones that were working were in folders that had the permission 755. So, I changed all the non working ones and they started working. Thanks
  5. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Success! I'm glad I could help, that was pissing me off like hell yesterday, but I finally got it.
  6. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah too bad I can't save the game. I tried downloading the savestate fix from the iroms repo but I get "main script execution failed". I sent them an email but I don't know when I will get a response.
  7. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
  8. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wow thanks again!