What is happening on June 9th?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by JonnySK, Jun 3, 2008.

1. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    As you all know, June 9th is the day of the WWDC08, but frankly, I am confused about a few things:
    • Is Firmware 2.0 being Released on the day or Just Announced? Or Do we not know yet..
    • Is the iPhone 3G being Released on the day or Just Announced? Or Do we not know yet..
    • Is this event going to be Recorded and put on the apple website (Like the Macworld keynote speeches)
    • Or have i got this all totally wrong

Please Register or Log in to view images

Lol, the reason i am confused is because there are so many other theories as to what is happening

Im not stupid, i just want to clear up a few things

Thanks
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Most likely Firmware 2.0 will be released during WWDC on June 9th.

As far as the 3G iPhones, they're already here. Just unreleased. Many sources have said this already. So basically, they'll most likely be released WWDC Day. You know how Apple likes to do things.

Of course it'll be recorded, why wouldn't it? It's like one of the most watched things EVER.
  3. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks, yeah i thought it would be recorded, but then i heard it lasted 4 days, so i though - thats a lot of video. Then i went to the apple website and it said:

EDIT: So does this mean there is going to be 1 big keynote made by Steve Jobs (like macworld) then the rest of the videos is training for developers?
  4. RIptide775

RIptide775 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well no ones 100% certain any of this is happening but both of those things will definatly be announced and we don't know yet if they will be released. Knowing apple, with the january software upgrade, there will probably be a release of the 2.0 software that day on iTunes but it isnt for certain.
    As for the recorded it almost certainly will be recorded because so far all of the major apple events have been put on apple.com and WWDC has been sold out for the first time in history. This means that theres a 99% chance that it will be on apple .com
    If you are like me and didn't get a WWDC ticket, you can follow along with live updates via http://www.macrumorslive.com/ i hope this helps

5. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Exactly. There will be one giant keynote and the rest are just stuff for Developers to learn and stuff. Seminars etc.

http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/schedules/ More precise information here
  6. RIptide775

RIptide775 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the WWDC keynote starts @ 10:00 AM PACIFIC TIME so if you followed at the www.macrumorslive.com , it would be like 1:00 PM in Eastern time and around 9:00 PM (sry im sorta guessing) scotland time
  7. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Bet you they're gonna use services like Twitter, Pownce, Plurk ETC to cover it much faster

8. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

I hope its on at a decent time in the UK, not at like 2am or something, that would suck
  9. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cool, thanks for your quick responses

10. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

2.0 is definitely being released then not just introduced.
    3g iphone will probably just be introcuded like the last one so they have time to stock up the stores.
    and yes most likely will apple put it up on their site