What is DONE to your iTouch in the process of jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iPodTouchMastermind88, Jun 25, 2009.

1. iPodTouchMastermind88

iPodTouchMastermind88 Banned

I know it allows you to put 3rd party software on your iTouch like Cydia and stuff like that.

But what is DONE in the process of jailbreaking to make it so that can happen to your iTouch.

Just curious.

Thanks.
  2. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Let me redirect your question here: LINK
  3. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Actually the wiki doesn't have a clear outline of what, say redsnow does. It has some technical details but you pretty much have to know the process to know what to look for. In that regard this question is still unanswered.
  4. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    It is pretty self explanatory, it is a soft-mod so no hardware is touched or damaged, all we do is load a patched kernal onto our devices, allowing us to install 3rd party software not approved by Apple.
  5. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Sorry, but Im gona play a little devil's advocate here as I only vaguely understand it myself and this could be a good technical thread is someone knows the answers.

How is this actually done though, I know there are some initialization vectors they talk about but what really happens. Hat code is sent when and what does that code do that causes arbitrary code to be injected?