What is causing my iPod to Lock Up???

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SalParadise, Mar 8, 2009.

1. SalParadise

SalParadise Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am fed up with having to restore my IPT. It originally locked up when I removed an app store app. I then restored my IPT, jailbroke it, loaded all of the previous apps again, blah, blah, blah. When I got to the point of using poof to remove some icons from the springboard, it went into the locked up position AGAIN (stuck on loading). This is the third time I have tried restoring my IPT back to the state it was in. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Is it a problem with FW 2.2.1??
  2. khage123

khage123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    don't know but maybe call or send it to apple see what they say. make sure you restore it before you send it to them.
  3. SalParadise

SalParadise Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Unfortunately the problem MAY lie in the jailbreaking/poof, which Apple could not help with.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    OK...I just tried a different combination of restore options. I restored using FW 2.2 instead of 2.2.1 & did NOT change the boot logo to the pineapple when jailbreaking. I know those two things probably had nothing to do with my IPT locking up, but I was just trying trial and error in order to find out what was causing the problems. It looks like it locked up again after using Poof under the SBSetting to remove some icons from the springboard. I never had any problems with this up until now. Any tips on why this is happeneing now???
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    O.K. I have narrowed the problem down to the removal of an icon from the springboard. It apparently has nothing to do with which version of Poof I use (SBSettings or standalone app). It apparently is caused by removing one of the original apps that comes on the IPT from the Springboard. I am going to try and narrow it down even further to what app it is. Has anyone else had this problem??
  4. SalParadise

SalParadise Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Finally figured out problem!!

After trial and error, I figured out that removing the very last icon from the Springboard causes it to lock up. Not sure why it is happening now and not before. It first happened the other day when I wanted to remove an app store app from my ipod. I used Poof to put it back on the SB, then removed it by "X'ing it out. Once it was removed from the SB, my iPod locked up. The times I've tried to put my SB back to it's original state since restoring, it has done the same thing when removing the very last icon from the SB. I guess I will just have to leave an icon on the springboard (i.e. blank app). That should solve the problem.