What is best screen size for the Ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JuniorNA, Sep 29, 2007.

1. JuniorNA

JuniorNA New Member

When converting movies/videos...i have like 20 different options to choose...in terms of size. what should it be? and should i be using the "letter box option to keep aspect ratio" option?

Let me know. thanks.
  2. kevio

kevio New Member

I used Videora for Ipod Touch. It has a preset for 480x320 and saves out a compatible file. I used it to convert some DVDs. I used DVD Decrypter to rip the VOB off the DVD first.
  3. Pixeltoy

Pixeltoy New Member

On the Mac- Visual Hub does the job well. Converted to iPod format the quality is extremely high.
  4. JuniorNA

JuniorNA New Member

I'm using a program called Easy Video to Ipod. I set it to 640x352 and it's very compatible. I like the larger size so when I do a video out, the resolution will be good on the TV.

Also, when I double click to zoom, nothing is stretched, or pulled upward like with the other resolutions.
  5. Kurokaze

Kurokaze New Member

I use iSquint for mac. It's freeware and it lets you choose the quality level and whether to save in mp4 or h264 setting. otherwise i use videora on the pc.
  6. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

quick time pro here, just File > Export > iPhone

every full length movie is under 1 GB and looks great.
  7. JuniorNA

JuniorNA New Member

NintendoDude - I have quicktime pro, but I cant figure out how to install a divx/xvid codec for me to convert the files in quicktime. It just shows up as a white screen when playing divx files.
  8. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

hmm. all you need to do is go to the divx website and download the codecs. you may want to restart your mac too. from there, just drag the divx video into quick time and then use the export feature. if that doesnt work, bue sure to also install xvid codecs and possibly VLC player, as it fills in a lot of the gaps.

i use those three installers and can now play just about anything i get my greasy little mits on.
  9. trmac

trmac New Member

It'd probably be easier to install Perian (no 1 in google search), it'll sort you out with every codec you'll need for quicktime.

I use iSquint ******* stuff, for DVDs I do a high quality rip with Handbrake and then use ffmpegX because it gives you a bit more control over resolution and quality than iSquint. Its not quite as easy for novices, Visual Hub would be a better option if your prepared to pay for it. I think its probably worth it, meant to be much faster than quicktime too.
  10. JuniorNA

JuniorNA New Member

My bad, forgot to say running WINDOWS XP

Please Register or Log in to view images