What iPod To Get?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by samthemist, Sep 10, 2009.

1. samthemist

samthemist New Member

I have around £220 at the minute, enough for a new 32gb iPod Touch 3g. However is this the best option? I know I don't have that much music, but I may aswell spend my money.

Would a 32gb iPod Touch 2g be much difference?
    Would a 16gb iPod Touch be a huge lot cheaper?

I just need some advice on what to do.
    I can't afford an iPhone, which I'd preferrably like, as for some reason the cost in the UK is ridiculous.

Thanks,
    Sam.
  2. deaduck3

deaduck3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    well, i'm in the us. but the 32gb is now the same cost that the 2g 16gb was. so your basically getting twice the memory for the same price. but if you really want to know prices for the 2nd gen 16gb go look on amazon.com. it will give you a good idea about prices used and new.

if you have more than 1000 songs i would say get the 32gb cause you will fill up the 8gb. other wise get the 8gb if its mostly for apps. i have about 100 apps and that takes up around 3.6 gigs of memory. just keep that in mind.
  3. samthemist

samthemist New Member

Does the speed really make a difference? People tell me that there isn't even a microphone in-built, just a special pair of headphones with a microphone.

Well, I have all this money in paypal and if I don't spend it I don't spend it so I don't see the point in buying 8gb only.

I hear that the iPhone may be able to play 720p Movies, so I assume the ipod touch 32gb may be able too?

I've given up my hopes for a camera in the iPod Touch aswell, it'll just be something I'll get on my phone.
  4. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The 3g with 32gb, will be priced the same as the old 2g with 16gb, £229

Also speed makes a huge difference in my opinion. Apps open alot faster, and you'll be able to play better games without lag etc. Try to search "iphone 2g vs. iphone 3g speed" or something on youtube to see the difference. (iphone 2g has the same ram/processor as the 1g, and the iphone 3g the same as the ipod touch 3g.
  5. samthemist

samthemist New Member

I agree it's a lot faster. It'll be nice to have the latest version of something again. Thanks for the advice guys, i'll try nab a 3g 32gb. =] Any suggestions for cool cases?
  6. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You mean iPhone 3GS not iPhone 3G. Because the iPod touch 2G is faster than iPhone 3G (but not the 3GS).

I don't think you need a case. It thickens the design. I like it as slim as possible and don't care much about the back getting scratches and stuff. I'm only interested in the front (what's on the screen). But that's just me. You may have a different way of seeing it.
  7. MegaDell

MegaDell New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Apps will open no faster, unless we're talking video games, in which case, it's only a second or two. Look at comparison vids between the Iphone 3GS/3G/Ipod touch 2G.

The 2G was always just behind it. Second, there are no "better" games. It's the same games, same graphics, just slightly faster, although lets be honest, there are very, very few quality games that actually put any stress on the hardware enough to warrant a systems upgrade, at least not going from 2G to 2GS.

You saying the 2G has the same processor as the 1G is bullsh*t, the 2G is faster than the Iphone 3G.

Look yourself. First it's the 3GS, then the Ipod 2G, then the Iphone 3G.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Iioib-kdU