What in the world is SDK?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ianoreo, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ianoreo

ianoreo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's been mentioned so many times on this forum and I still don't understand it. Is it a software update? A new device? A programming kit? What is SDK?
  2. RazerM

RazerM New Member

3. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    wow if you dont know a simple term like sdk then you should not be involved in modding your ipod. I clearly stated this type of thing in my rant(linked in my sig) get to knpw the terminology before you jailbreak. And search before you post doesnt mean only search this site. There is a world of resources out there learn to use them.
  4. theclueless

theclueless New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    if you dont know what it means, it is best to stay away from it... way of life
  5. RazerM

RazerM New Member

It is not required to know anything about any SDK to jailbreak and download new apps for your iPod...

It's not as if he's messing about with one is it? He only wanted to know what it was.
  6. macdog303

macdog303 Member

Wow guys settle down most people jailbreaking will not be developing applications for the touch. So there is no need to know anything about sdks.
  7. KrayZieAsSPiNoy

KrayZieAsSPiNoy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OP actually answered his own question
    he said "a progaming kit?" =]
  8. rameshchowdhary

rameshchowdhary New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    u dont need to know abt the SDK to ijailbreak ur ipodtouch.
  9. avaloncourt

avaloncourt New Member

That's not the point. For someone wandering into the potential to cause great problems with his device he can't do a simple search. Type SDK into google and the very first hit is his answer. Should someone who can't be bothered to learn get elbow deep in mucking up his Touch? I'm quite convinced that the majority of "jailbreak didn't work" threads started here were started by people who didn't read and follow directions. A good portion of them early on probably went to the TIFF file thinking that was all there was to it. People will say "he can always restore if he did it wrong." Then we get a hundred threads that restore didn't work. Again, because they didn't read and follow directions.

Is attention deficit so bad that people can't search and educate themselves? Give a man a fish... teach a man to fish.
  10. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Right, but instead of teaching this man to fish, you are telling him that he shouldn't step foot near the water because he isn't as experienced of a fisherman as you.

Thread closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.