What if????????

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by DarkKnIgHt007, Jun 21, 2009.

1. DarkKnIgHt007

DarkKnIgHt007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok so I just jailbroke my ipt2g 3.0 . But what if apple has a trick up there sleeve this update. I mean, they have been fighting jailbreaking very hard and it seems like the perfect time to stop it would be this update. This kinda sounds stupid, but what if the new tinware is programmed to detect Cydia on your device and on a certain day it will trigger like a meltdown. Like what if on July 1st all iPods/iPhone jailbroken break? If anyone has any similiar thoughts post them below. I know this sounds stupid. I think it is really stupid but I thought it was kinda a funny topic
  2. internet626

internet626 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So what, exactly, is funny about my $250 piece of equipment breaking down?

Anyway, I don't think they have anything. Unless they suddenly "backed" jailbreaking and released some new IPA only for jailbreakers

Please Register or Log in to view images

We would NEVER fall for that.

Nice try, though.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. IPT2GISEPICWIN

IPT2GISEPICWIN New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Um...no...lol, they aren't going to destroy thousands of iPods, it's not illegal to jb and iPod and I'm pretty sure it'd be illegal for them to destroy thousands of devices and a lot of people would get mad, so no...not going to happen lol.
  4. nitsua93

nitsua93 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Do you know how much money they'd probly lose doing that? if they did it would not be smart and makes lots of people mad
  5. internet626

internet626 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No it wouldn't. They did that with 2G iPhone. Thousands of jailbroken iPhones turned into over-sized paperweights...
  6. haphadon

haphadon Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It simply won't happen, no matter how much Apple hates the idea of jailbreaking how much money have they potientially made and will make because of it?
  7. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    It won't ever happen.

Once a device is jailbroken it can always be jailbroken.

The exploits the Dev Team find are so low that Apple can't possibly stop it from happening.
  8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    nope well.. nothing a good old

DFU MODE + RESTORE

couldnt fix, you cant brick an ipod touch from userland, they could flash and brick the baseband and possibly the bootloader? from userland in iphone 2G, but not on the 3G..
  9. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
  10. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    idk if it'd b illegal, but def would get ppl mad.

and at the OP, they wont do it. they're never gonna b able 2 stop the jailbreak. there will always b a bug that the dev team can work thru. no man is perfect, so they may patch up a bug with new hardware, but there will b a new bug. that simple. apple's efforts to stop it are futile. maybe they can make it illegal in a court of law, but frankly, so is downloading music thru frostwire, but ppl do it. and u really don't hear about ppl being arrested for it anymore. yeah its morally wrong, but ppl do it. (and by no way am i encouraging people to be pirates, i'm just saying that its done with little to no retaliation.) so unless apple collaborates with the government to crack down on people who jailbreak (which would cost them a hella lot more money to do than to just let ppl jailbreak) there isn't going 2 b a stop to it. i mean, heck, even the people who are actively against piracy enjoi the jailbreak. it won't happen.

u are mistaken, apple can't fix it with a software update. they can fix it with new hardware. thats y everyone was freaking about that one company who leaked the 24kpwn exploit when the 2G untethered jailbreak came out. everyone was worried that apple would fix this problem in the iPhone 3G S by replacing the hardware. IF the exploit wasn't leaked, apple may possibly have (now idk if the hardware in the 3G S is the same or different) released the 3G S with the same exploit that was found. not sure if apple fixed it or not.. but.. yeah.. regardless. apple CAN fix the exploits, but they'd have 2 release a whole new line of products with a whole new set of hardware. but.. then back to my point, the dev team would just find an exploit in that hardware. it may take a while like it did with the IPT2G, but they'd do it.