What if there is no mic?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Billyman, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Billyman

Billyman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The iPod Touch has some serious competition and in reality this is what we've heard:

-3mp Camera
    -Speed bump to 3GS (maybe faster)
    -Slightly Better Battery
    -*Secret Feature*

But wait, Wheres the mic?! Lots of apps have been taking advantages of the mic lately (I am Tpain, Leaf Trombone) but if it doesnt have a mic I'm gonna be severly dissapointed. It doesnt make any sense, why would apple get a camera over a mic? Are they hoping for the gimmick of the camera to sell? If they add a mic then we could get video recording which would sell the ipod waay better (but may canabolize iPhone 3GS sales). If they dont add a mic then I can easily get an external mic and jailbreak to get a video camera.

What amazes me more is that the cameras are being added to the ipod nano and classic, and they dont even have SPEAKERS! So cheap cameras > built in speakers -.- I just hope apple has an idea for what they're going with this.

The *Secret Feature* is usually something we dont see coming until the very last minute
    -Built in iTunes music store
    -Nike
    -???? (Could be the mic??)

Well how will you guys feel if there is no mic? Will it dissapoint you? affect your purchase? Not Care? etc;
  2. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    there has to be a mic. video recording? its on the 3.0 software, and if it has a camera, theres no way apple would stop video recording. i want a GPS more than a camera. i need mic for VOIP with GOOGle VOICE, too.
  3. Sups

Sups New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hmm.. what "AMAZES" me the most.. is that you only name up 4 things from a undefined source..

How do you know for certain the camera is going be there and the mic isn't ???

I personally think that a Camera and a Mic are soul bounded.. I don't think they'll add a camera with out a mic.. Maybe a mic without a camera..
    Because the Mic could possibly screw the Camera but the Camera can't do without a Mic.. Like the person above me said.. Video recording.. etc etc..

And what's your source??

And btw.. if there's no mic.. there's no mic.. it would be a great mistake of apple.. and they might add it in some later version (might might might!) .. but it wouldn't be a disaster I think..
  4. thesoundsmith

thesoundsmith New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Bottom line for me - no mic, no sale. No camera but a mic - put on my eventually purchase. Cam and mic - get it ASAP.

We'll know more tomorrow, but Best Buy shos pictures and feature list, no cam, no mic, just a black back instead of silver. Whoopee...
  5. Billyman

Billyman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

Source??? are u serious?? Camera has been shown in cases numerous times and have been confirmed by many sites with reliable sources. So its a day b4 the event and you have doubts on the camera -.-'

Anywayz back to the mic, so it seems that the devices are being delayed becuz something is wrong with the cameras so there is slight possibility(13%) that apple could slip a mic into the ipod, just saying xD
  6. kalpa11

kalpa11 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i want all of it
  7. Twan013

Twan013 New Member

maybe the "secret feature" will be a miniature griddle so we can make grilled cheese... yeah, totally...
  8. xbluudevilx

xbluudevilx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    that would be nice... or be like the env touch and opens up to reveal a keypad.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Rockstar816

Rockstar816 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Actually they DID say there was gonna be a mic.
    Of course, it was from one of those rumor sources... just like yours!
    XD
    But I'm sure they're reliable! (She said sarcastically...)

Seriously though, I'm sure it's gonna be there... so don't get your panties all in a bunch.
    XD
  10. kalpa11

kalpa11 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    all of us are guys