what if battery dies

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ranko95, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Ranko95

Ranko95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    what do i do if i need a new battery but my ipod is jailbroken? can you restore it with a dead battery?? probably a nooby question but oh well. thanks
  2. Konor

Konor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I dont think it will do much harm and no you probably cant restore with a dead battery.
  3. Ranko95

Ranko95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    but if you need a new battery and you give them a jailbroken ipod, cant they tell that it has been jailbroken?
  4. __Coburn__

__Coburn__ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmm dont jailbreak cuz i was sure that was a 2g forum and they aren't jailbreakable........yet.
  5. Ranko95

Ranko95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im talking about when the jailbreak comes out. say i jailbreak it and then i need a new battery later on, apple can tell that an ipod has been jailbroken unless you restore it. Im asking what to do if your battery is not working, how would i return it to the apple store for a replacement battery WITHOUT them knowing that it has been jailbroken.
  6. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well u can charge about 300 times before its capacity is 80% of what it used to be and then u still have a lot of charges left so my estimation is that ur ipod probly has about 5 or 6 more years before that battery dies,but to anwser your question i remember seeing a battery store next to a harris teeter and they said that they can replace ipod batterys so considering there not apple it shouldnt matter so just a find a battery store there everywhere

Please Register or Log in to view images

hope this helped!
  7. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I don't understand how you could expect a company to replace a product that you have manipulated.

1) By the time your battery permanently dies, your 1-year warranty will have expired. To even be close to eligible for a replacement, you would have to had purchased AppleCare.

2) Buying AppleCare would be worthless because your Jailbroken iPod will not be serviced, regardless of what warranty you had.

So spending the money on the extended warranty is worthless if you plan to jailbreak.
  8. roboticos

roboticos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Unless you restore.
  9. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    How can you restore without power?
  10. Technostorm

Technostorm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Why can't you restore without battery? You DO PLUG the device into your computer's USB right? The computer's USB will power on your Touch without utilizing the batteries. Hence, you can do a full system restore on Itune WITH the cables connected to your computer..

Please Register or Log in to view images