What I want in Chrome 4.

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Cam, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I made a previous "WATCHU WANT IN CHROME" thread, but to my disappointment, Chrome 3 doesn't add much! Here's what I would like to see in the next version(s) of Google Chrome.

• A more user-friendly "Inspect Element" box. Perhaps the existing one can be displayed in an "Advanced" tab?
    • The ability to set pictures as your wallpaper through the browser.
    • Built-in Gmail notification...widget thing on the tasbkar.
    • Smooth Scrolling
    • Automatic Linkification
    • Widgets/Add-Ons for certain websites, like FB, Gmail, Twitter, etc.
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have the dev version of 4.0.220.1 at the moment. It doesn't have any of that I'm afraid. There's still plenty of time before a public release though
  3. Tommm

Tommm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  4. twitchy204

twitchy204 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i agree with just about everything you've said.

currently, chrome is so sleek, and quick. and generally very low on resources, but it lacks support for a lot of things that i miss from firefox.

the one thing i've always dreamed of but don't even know if its possible is this:

it would be a sort of modification to the bookmarks bar and a form of a replacement for some toolbars. what i dream of is a "SmartBar" which allows you to link your bookmarks in your SmartBar to your account on that specific website. say you linked your yahoo bookmark to your yahoo mail account... everytime you got a new email, a small number would show up on the top right of your bookmark. now, i understand support for websites would have to be created individually for each website, because i don't believe that you could have a universal method for importing so many different types of data and placing it on the SmartBar, but i believe it can be done. If this was implemented in chrome, it would definitely put it farrrrr above firefox, in my mind.

opinions?
  5. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

A built-in widget thing for Gmail for your taskbar doesn't have to be in chrome...
    If you're running Windows 7 try this.

Some add-on support would be great, but IMO nothing too crazy like with IE8 or Firefox

Please Register or Log in to view images