What I hope for in the new 3rd Gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blatent101, Aug 9, 2009.

1. blatent101

blatent101 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know this will probably never happen but I hope the 3rd gen touch has R and L triggers built into the the sides of the iPod (sort of like the psp). Of course it would be part of the shape of the iPod and wouldn't stick out from the sides. FPS games on the iTouch would be great.
  2. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why would you want extra buttons ? I want less ! No power button, no home button, no nothing. Not even USB connectors. Just a tablet, a complete, water-proof tight, buttonless tablet.

- Sleep and power off could be activated in ways like SBSettings does - wake or power on could be done by shaking the device or tilting it in front in a whip-like action. Or by a proximity sensor placed on top.

- Charging could be done by a metal support or table (the technology exists for some time now - wireless computer mice come to mind where "magic" mouse pads supply the power).

By the way, there are FPS games (such as Doom Resurrection) and stop referring to the iPod touch as "iTouch".
  3. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If it has nothing how are you going to charge it up

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you can charge wirelessly, but its not as efficient. i like it the way it is, as far as buttons go....maybe the volume ones could be touch sensative, not like every little touch will adjust the volume, but like if you hold your finger on it.
    thats only a minor thing, tho....i like it how it is.
  6. Leech11

Leech11 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i like it the way it is...but i do wish it wuz somehow water proof (i got water damage)
  7. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    how bad are these for water damage? they seem pretty good, as i got mine fairly wet when i installed my BSE. can water only get in through the ports and buttons? like if i dip mt top right corner in a cup of water, will my ipod die?