What Has Happened To My iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dparsons87, May 27, 2010.

1. dparsons87

dparsons87 New Member

I had got a jailbroken ipod touch from a friend, but i decided i didn't want it jailbroken anymore because certain apps that DID work would just STOP working. I went to restore my iPod and i got an Error message 6 (which i get everytime now)...

My screen is black AND will not display anything until i click restore... which fails in the middle of it

Ive tried restoring holding the shift and selecting firmware.
    Ive tried re-jailbreaking it but it isnt visible on blackra1n or spirit or zipphone, redsn0w.
    I tried oneclick boot and irecovery and it didnt pick up my device
    Ive tried holding the home/power buttons to reset it...
    Reinstalled itunes

Ive watched countless videos and read countless threads, can anyone help me
  2. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well have you tried restarting your actual computer? I had the same problem once and all I did was restart my computer. It worked after that

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. dparsons87

dparsons87 New Member

Thanks for the tip... I have restarted it and tried it on 3 different computers
  4. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Use a different cord.
  5. aKhaoticClown

aKhaoticClown New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Try using different ports? If that doesnt work try DFU mode. Idk that would work tho
  6. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    DFU.

DFU
    solves Everything.
  7. dparsons87

dparsons87 New Member

K I've tried a different cord and restored and got error 6. I'm not 100 pecent sure if my iPod goes into dfu mode, or if it's already stuck in dfu cuz when I have plugged it in my computer says installing DFU device drivers. I've done all the button sequences trying to restore my iPod in dfu... I tried one click boot but it doesn't detect my iPod
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Also nothing appears on the screen when I hold the buttons it doesn't seem to respond but it does make the sound and appear in iTunes (in recovery mode) when I connect it to my computer... I'm pretty sure that's a sign it's fixable I just have no idea what else to try
  8. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    To get into DFU Mode, connect it to the computer and make sure it's off. If it still shows in iTunes, hold the home button and sleep/wake button and immediately let go when it disappears from iTunes. Wait a few seconds to make sure it doesn't reappear. Now, hold both buttons until the screen comes on and goes off again. When the screen goes black, immediately release the sleep/wake button but keep holding the home button until the iPod shows up in iTunes. The iPod's screen should be black and it should show in iTunes as needing to be recovered. Restore.
  9. dparsons87

dparsons87 New Member

I dont think my ipod will turn off... I plug it into itunes. hold the Home/Power buttons till it disappears from iTunes, but as soon as i let the buttons go it instantly pops up again... Ive tried 10 secs, then 20 secs, but when i tried holding it for 30 seconds it popped up after about 22seconds...
  10. canardo93

canardo93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    DFU does solve everything