What happens?

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by olliemac, Aug 19, 2009.

1. olliemac

olliemac New Member

Hi guys, i haven't long been an Apple user. I bought my mac probably a year ago or just over. What i want to know is, what happens when Snow Leopard comes out? Do i buy it online, or go into shops? And does it erase my hard drive and files etc...? I really don't know because as i said i bought my Macbook and have been using Leopard since.

Thanks
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You can buy it at a store or online and no it will not delete anything on your harddrive.
  3. soccerdude

soccerdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    it can erase all files if you choose to, there will be an option when you install
  4. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i will personally wipe my hard drive and start from scratch when 10.6 is released but you don't have to. just boot into leopard, pop in the install disk, when it mounts open it and use the installer. all you files should be transfered nicely. i like the clean wipe because i can get rid of some of those files that accumulate over time that make all computers slower than when they came out of the box.

as for getting it. you can pre-order it now and hey will ship it to you or you could go into any store that is an apple reseller and but it there on friday.