What Happens With The Tethered Jailbreak???

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by fear_2670, Jan 31, 2009.

1. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

All right, so i just turned on my laptop after seeing the news, and will jailbreak my touch right after someone answers this question and hopefully if imake it ill make a video.

Question is, since this is tethered, how can i keep my iPod from losing the jailbreak and how do i lose the jailbreak considering this is tethered?

Simple enough, i'm gonna go jailbreak now and hopefully make a video tutorial.
  2. ice_cold_irony

ice_cold_irony New Member

I'm making a post on this now. I was confused by the definition of tethered I think.

My understanding was that you would need to have your ipod physically connected at all times to your computer to use the jailbreak. This is what the redsn0w video seemed to indicate.

I was brave and just unplugged my iPod and can confirm that the jailbreak is limited to tethered rebooting. You can unplug and sleep your device but full restarts need the command line.

Your Touch will seem bricked if you do shut it down while disconnected, but it will go back into DFU mode and you can reboot it.

As to losing the jailbreak, with the amount of dicking around I've done, this break seems fairly safe. Granted, I haven't jailbroken before, but I can't really see how you can screw it up if you follow these directions http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137683

Hope I answered and helped.
  3. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Mine is actually bricked, but a couple different tutorials might end up saving me, wish me luck.