What happens when you play a song off wifi?

Discussion in 'Tap Tap Revolution (TTR) [old jailbreak version]' started by rawb, Dec 27, 2007.

1. rawb

rawb Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    When you click a song, download, and play it. Where does it go after that? I know it doesnt save onto your iPod which is gay, but, does it remain on your harddrive, and take up space?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. TheRapture

TheRapture New Member

Wrong Section...

install sendfile and you can play it in there and it obviously takes up space....
  3. rawb

rawb Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ahhh

How do I keep the downloaded files, and or.. delete them.. Really what the hecks the point of downloading and for it to take up space, when I cant even play it again

Please Register or Log in to view images

offline and all.
  4. MuShuPork

MuShuPork New Member

So if i instal sendfile i can play songs that i downloaded the tap file for song in my library, even if i dont have wifi?
  5. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    When you stream music off the internet, it downloads into a folder what is called a "cache". It stays on your Touch but only temporarily. I don't know how tlong the touch is set up to keep the files, but i'm sure as soon as you reboot they are removed.

If you want to save songs off the internet you need the "Safari Download Plugin" which allows you to save music into a folder other than cache which where removing them can only be done manually.

EDIT: Yes if you use the download plugin to save the songs to the download directory (that the plugin creates) you can then use SendFile to play the downloaded songs from the directory /var/root/downloads
  6. MuShuPork

MuShuPork New Member

Awesome, got a source for that plugin?