What happens if...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by retardo110, Jul 20, 2008.

1. retardo110

retardo110 New Member

What would happen if you didn't charge your iPod Touch for 8 hours when you get it? I got my iPod yesterday and didn't charge it eight hours but I'm going to do it today is there any difference?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ajkiwi88

ajkiwi88 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nah when i got mine i put it on charge whilst i synced music but as soon as the music synched i pulled it and played the music till the battery went dead and its had no ill effects
  3. brisingr

brisingr New Member

Li-ion batteries have deep-cycle problems, but that's it. No need to fully charge it.
  4. retardo110

retardo110 New Member

Are you positive? I didn't fully charge it and the battery died in 2 hours. However, I was messing around with wi-fi, downloading apps, youtube, etc. so I guess that was the reason.
  5. ajkiwi88

ajkiwi88 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Possotive had mine since crimbo and i rock climb with it so its been through some severe weather and i neve fully charged it or even open the instruction manual and its still going strong and i get a good 22 hours out of a full charge providing i lock it so the screen is off
  6. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    me too when i was charging my ipod i was syncing photos and music
  7. mattb123

mattb123 New Member

what do you think the ipod does while its waiting to be bought in the store?
    it doesnt make a differance
  8. retardo110

retardo110 New Member

What if you keep trying to get wi-fi over and over again? Does that affect how fast the battery dies because I'm in Hong Kong right now and the signals are all pretty weak and I get disconnected often so I spend a lot of time (approx. 30 min) trying to get wi-fi. I don't live here either so I don't know if it's always like this or something is wrong with my iPod touch. I also heard OpenSSH drains the battery even in sleep is this true? If it is how can I disable it?
  9. xlmrylandlx

xlmrylandlx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

Download Services and you can turn it off and on. Don't know about the wifi.