Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

iOS 3.1 What Happens If I Untether My Itouch And Restart?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by BrioCloud, Nov 27, 2009.

1. BrioCloud

BrioCloud New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi. I believe I have a 3G Ipod Touch 8gb, because I cannot restart my Touch without it being tethered. Am I right? I downloaded Winterboard, and it restarted, and it just kept showing up the synch symbol. It was all blurry to me, but after that I tried to run Blackra1n, but it would no longer boot, it would turn off on itself. I then had to restore my itouch and jailbreak it again.

Now I want to know what are the consequences if I untether my itouch and restart it. Would I then have to restore it again? Or would Blackra1n fix it back up after I retether it? I don't want to try it out for myself again in fear of harming my Itouch.

Thanks!
  2. musa92k

musa92k Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    if you have restored it using itunes and then re-jailbroken it and you want to turn it off and restart it you will have to plug it back into your pc or mac and then run blackrain to boot it up. it should start fine with blackrain
  3. Supertouch

Supertouch Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Are you trying to remove the jailbreak?
  4. xX_Dog_Food_Xx

xX_Dog_Food_Xx New Member

Device:
    iPad
    you can't untether an already tethered iPod. untethered, as you may know is when your ipod is jailbroken, without relying on the program, in this case blackra1n. the term you were looking for is unjailbreak :)
  5. effectsdude79

effectsdude79 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i think you mean unjailbreak? for that you need a restore.
  6. BrioCloud

BrioCloud New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sorry for the confusion. What happened was this: I didn't know about my iTouch being tethered. So I restarted it without it connected to my computer. It messed up, and plugging it in my computer and using Blackra1n didn't work either. It required me to restore it.

Since I just had it, I didn't know if I was doing it right or wrong, but I don't want to try again. Does it need to be restored if you restart the iTouch without it connected to your computer? I am asking because I might accidentally restart my iTouch without connecting it.
  7. hecerinc

hecerinc New Member

Not really you don't. There is currently no blackrain untethered jailbreak. That's why the sync image appears when you reboot. It is completely normal. But you do NOT have to restore everytime you do this. It is a real pain in the ass but you should be able, when that happens, to boot it up again normally with the jailbreak still there when you run blackrain again. It is very strange that it did not work for you. Try downloading the latest realease at http://blackra1n.com/