What game for PS3... Read.

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by imranh101, Jan 9, 2010.

1. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Hey guys!
    I'm a pretty hard core gamer.
    Im looking to get a PS3 game... Gonna buy gamestop, as I have a $10 gift card.
    I'm looking at getting an RPG.
    That is NOT normal for me. My sister loves RPGs and i personally hate em.
    I, however, do need it to be an ACTION RPG, I CANT STAND turn based. ANYTHING.
    I'm looking at oblivion... I saw it $25 used at gamestop today.
    MY budget is $30
    Now, it can be rated Blood & Gore, long as its not INSANE, I.E. Arms flying, super excessive blood, etc.
    Also, "Sexual Themes" or whatever are ok, as long as there is no visual representation. I.E. In oblivion I heard there was a book referencing sex... That's no problem, its thing like God of War Minigames that might.. *Laughs to self* "Screw me over".

I love FPS games, and.. Love them more.

That being said,
    I have these games already that might be considered RPG
    Metal Gear Solid
    Resident Evil

Uhh thats all
    I'm so far looking at buying Oblivion, can I get some feedback as to how good it is?
    Im NOT getting :
    Deadspace
    Fallout

Taking suggestions. Sorry for all the requirements lol

Edit, I just saw Infamous on a page and thought, just so you guys know, I've beaten it also already so don't suggest that.
    Oh, or assassins creed.

Note I do like games with huge open worlds!

Nother Edit! I saw Valkyria Chronicles... My sister has it, and nah...
  2. guitarplayer16

guitarplayer16 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I would recommend Dragon Age: Origins, but it's over your budget.
    For $30, Oblivion is an excellent choice.
  3. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I read that going from "Chorrol", the city in C2, to "Skingrad", the city in C3, in map, by horse, if you run, takes about 90 minutes real time.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Note that picture is HUGE, to see full right click - view image.
    This is not BAD, because I heard you can ues FastTravel?
    Is this true?
    If so, then is the map really that big...?
  4. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why aren't you including Fallout? Since you like FPS's and you're interested in Oblivion it seems it'd be perfect since it's pretty much Oblivion meets an FPS in a post apocalyptic wasteland.

Demons Souls is fantastic and actually won Game of the Year at Gamespot. Very hardcore game though.
  5. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Oblivion. It'll keep you going for years. And in Oblivion you can fast travel, so you don't have to walk everywhere.

I just beat the main quest (there are hundreds of others) and its an awesome ending.
  6. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Modern warfare 2, duh. Just get it off of eBay.
  7. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I got oblivion today, seems pretty good so far.
    Fallout. I was gonna get it, but too much gore. I dont have a problem with gore, but I do live with my parents...
    Modern Warfare. Have it already, but even on ebay, anyway you couldnt get for less than $30
    Demons Souls. Cant get for less than $30
  8. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    To be honest Borderlands fits except for 2 things, well maybe 3.
    1. It does get a little gory, heads do pop off and blood dose gush, but keep in mind its a cell shaded game, so its a little cartoony.
    2. Most places you go still have this game at full price even tho it is a bit old.
    3. Even though this game has not reached the point were GameStop (or anyone else) has dropped the price, its falling out of inventory. Neither of the 2 GameStops near me had it when i went looking, and this was about a week ago.

The game itself it great. Its a FPSRPG, which seems to fit the bill for what you are looking for. It also has on online mode where you can play with friends, and split screen that does the same, you can also use your characters from solo, split, or online(PSN or LAN) on any of the other modes. You can even have a friend start a character with you on split screen then copy it over to their PS3 and play it on their own or with you over the internet.

As for Oblivion, i find that it gets old fast. I have it for the PC, and could never play it on my old machine, once i got my new one it was one of the first things i put on, and grew tired of it within a few days.
  9. Ruud91

Ruud91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    For shooter I would say: Modern Warfare 2 (maybe second hand) otherwise try to look at gta IV

openworld, storyline, everlasting, online

10. iWishfull

iWishfull New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oblivion is a fantastic game... until you play MW2. But trying to keep away from that piece of art... The combat is awesome (Oblivion) because of all the weapons and stuff. The RPG elements are all over and it is just plain fun. If Mount & Blade is for PS3 (don't know, so take a look) then check that out because it has fantastic horse combat, fun quests, but poor graphics. I only played demo but from what I played it was epicish. Try demo if you can because ibsaw reviews and was like EWWW but played demo and was like OMGZ!!! COOL!!! BUT BADZ!!! Try demo and see for yourself.