What firmware version to use!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by lotech, Aug 28, 2008.

1. lotech

lotech New Member

OK, so basically I got my ipod touch pretty soon after release. I jailbroke it right away and I haven't changed the firmware since (currently still on 1.1.1). Now I see 2.x is out with a totally re-written framework, it seems logical to upgrade. So for starters, is 2.0 the one to go with, or a lower version to keep functionality and compatibility? Also, what technique and steps should I use to update to the new firmware? Can I go straight from 1.1.1 to whatever? And lastly, if anyone is feeling kind enough to sum it up for me breifly, what is new that I should know about?!

p.s. Hope this is the right section! Sorry if it isn't, feel free to move it

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Banjobill

Banjobill New Member

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, but I'm on 1.1.2.

I'm thinking of upgrading to 2.0.x but can't see many benefits in doing so. I'm thinking of just going to 1.1.4 until 2.0.x is the "norm".

But any answers to his question will be appreciated by me too.
  3. rayden

rayden Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I upgraded my iPodTouch from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 on July, then jailbroke it, I did not face any problems. And then I upgraded it again from 1.1.4 straight to 2.0.2 then jailbreak it with QuickPwnGUI120 last Friday. I did not face any significant problems, either.

So, base on my experience, it is safe to upgrade your iPod to the latest firmware by skipping any update software which was released in between.

Hopefully, it helps you guys.