What, exactly, is deleted during the Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Zephed77, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Zephed77

Zephed77 New Member

For the redsn0w lite jailbreak, I was wondering if I will have to re-sync all of my music, videos apps etc. I am backing up my files (right click+Back Up), just curious. Also, does one need to re-apply the patch every time he/she plugs the iPod touch into the computer? Or only when the battery dies/if one powers the iPod off? Say that I leave my iPod in sleep mode and do not allow the battery to die (charging it regularly); would this mean that I would barely ever have to apply the patch? Finally, once the untethered comes out, I simply restore (I know this deletes everything), erasing the tethered jailbreak, and then install the new one? Sorry for all the questions, but I would really appreciate some help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks!
  2. ek321

ek321 New Member

Yes you will loose all your music and apps so yeah you will have to resync all of your music and apps.Just remember when iTunes uploads the backup to your iPod it will restart it and you will need to reapply redsn0w like i found out.
    You only need to apply the patch if the iPod either fully turns of or is restarted(from an app install such as Winterboard). Its fine if you keep your iPod on sleep mode or take out the connector.
    Iv only applied the patch about 4 times since I've jailbroken my iPod, so you shouldn't need to apply the patch too many times.
    Restoring to an official non jailbroken firmware will erase the jailbreak and you should be able to upgrade to an untethered version if it does ever come out.
  3. dstn1211

dstn1211 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yes.

Only if the battery dies or the iPod is turned off.

Yes.

Yes.
  4. akashb91

akashb91 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if i were to jailbreak from one computer, and try to sync to another computer would the jailbreak be removed?
  5. dstn1211

dstn1211 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    No it will not.