What ever happened to...

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by SiXAXiS, Dec 30, 2009.

1. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ... The feature where you cant post on a thread that has died long ago? I mean i know mods are trying to do their best at managing thread bumps but seriously, its getting out of hand.
  2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    There never was that feature... and some times there are reasonable circumstances for a bump.

Also when a new member comes across and needs help on the topic instead of creating a new thread they can just post there.

It's like if they post they get flamed for bumping, if they create a new thread they keep getting told to search. It's like a never ending circle, I think some clarification needs to come about this and for the whole forum to see it.
  3. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    The only thing worse than mis-bumping a thread is the stream of 'elders' who shout out "EPIC BUMP!" or "DUDE NICE YOU BUMPED A XYZ OLD THREAD".
  4. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yes, but most i have seen are useless.
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That doesn't mean they're all useless.
  6. Fishy

Fishy Member

Device:
    iPad
    I only post that if the bump was totally un-needed. And if it was "needed" then I may say, "oh nice bump" but I will answer their question.
  7. Cydiaia

Cydiaia Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    there are lots of threads that have been un answered thats why people are Bump'ing them.
  8. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Bumping is annoying if it's irrelevant. If the member has something important/relevant/interesting to add or wants a point clarifying on the subject of that thread then it's fair game to 'bump', as long as the thread isn't too old. If the post is useless or asinine than I'll generally delete it and lock the thread. It's just common sense.

Note that replying with an 'as useless' or 'as asinine' reply to bumps just bumps the thread further and creates more work for us to clean... golden rules: 'use common sense when posting' and 'report and move on'...