What Does This Mean?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Oliver G, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Oliver G

Oliver G New Member

What does SSH into your iPod Touch from the Terminal by typing the following: mean? How do you SSH into your iTouch?
  2. rutsy5

rutsy5 New Member

download putty.exe
    give it ur ipod's IP address
    login as user "root" and password "alpine"
    boom

another good program I like is SSH Secure Shell. its pretty easy to use and figue out, plus theres a command line interface if you so desire, useful for things like ./Applications/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard if you run in to trouble.

SSH itself is a protocol for communicating with devices wirelessly, kind of like HTTP or SFTP
  3. coolkid

coolkid New Member

the best ssh program is cuteftp 8, download it for free (google), when you start it up it will ask for an ip adress. connect your ipoT to your wirless network, then click on the blue arrow next to the network name. the first ip adress is what you type in. then press enter and go to username and password. for username use 'root' for password use 'alpine' . it will connect to your ipoT and it will open an interface just like windows explorer. from there you can access your files. go to youtube and search for the user 'ipodtouchmaster' he has tons of great videos to help you hack your ipoT
  4. allyourbasekris

allyourbasekris New Member

Not wanting to nitpick but cuteftp is an FTP program, not a SSH client.

Putty is an SSH client, you can also use the terminal to SSH into a remote computer if you are using Linux or Mac.

I agree that cuteftp8 is a good FTP program but I'd also recommend Filezilla.