what does jailbreaking exactly do?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by amaan, Jun 28, 2009.

1. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    i know that jailbreaking lets you install apps from cydia, bananas, icy and all which are paid, but wat about the app store free apps? can i still download free apps from the app store?? and pls tell me some details about jailbreaking advantages.....thanx in advance
  2. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Firstly, please do not talk about applications that allow you to download apps from the AppStore. That is illegal. Please read the rules.

Secondly, there are many advantages to jailbreaking. There are many tweaks you can add to your iPod which you can search for yourself. It allows you to theme your iPod. And much more. Please, just do a bit of researching for yourself.

And finally, not all the applications from Cydia you have to pay for. In fact, many of them are free and are very useful.

Please, read the rules before posting again.

Good luck.
  3. willdacracka

willdacracka Member

Device:
    iPhone
    It breaks the jail that is Apple. Basically evading The Man.
  4. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this basically just sums it up... search before you make a thread.
  5. naf456

naf456 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    What i Belive Jailbreaking is, is that all the application that apple won't accept on to there app store, is put on cydia. all the applications that change the ipod in dramstic way. you can change font, you can add fonts, you can make your very own themes, you can add nes emulators, you can put iphone applications on ipod touch, you can add helpful utillities like SBsetting, you can change the smallest detail, Spring board indicator to the whole weather application, you can have Many many more plugins in safari, you can hide application, you can download videos and whatch them offline, you can add more web broswers for the ipod, you can change sounds, you can make you ipod louder, you can rotate you sping board, you can... you can do what ever you want to do.

An apple iPod Touch is Amazing, An Jailbroken iPod touch Out Standing!

the best part of jailbreaking, is that it's Free! 100% no stupid apple fees or anual payents, it's just FREE!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Oh AND YES. jailbreaking your iPod will NOT disable you from using the App store. you can keep playing your monkey ball.

and if your worried about losing you warrenty, if your ipod completey blow up till the screen won't turn on, apple won't know you have a jailbroken iPod. how Would they?
  6. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol thanx all i didn't mean illegal stuff
  7. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Do you have any idea how wrong you are?
  8. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    lol

I have an idea of how wrong he is :p
  9. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i dont think he should have had a warning for this. From what i understand he was asking if after you jailbreak if you can still download the free apps on the appstore not if you can download all the apps for free.
  10. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You see where it says 'bananas' on his post? There was something else there orginially. A name of an illegal program.

He deserved at least a warning.