What does 1.1.3 means for the itouch??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nandihno, Jan 2, 2008.

1. nandihno

nandihno New Member

Many of you have seen the videos for the latest firmware 1.1.3 of the iphone.

But wondering what does this translates to the ipod touch???
    ok..is cool that it will allow it to switch your icons..thats cool...but...is just personalisation to a degree...
    ok..maybe from safari u can save bookmarks to appear into your home screen..thats good..really..so that those web apps are readily available from the itouch...

but in actuality apart from that later functionality i dont see much much cool feature into the ipod touch?
    again will upgrade only till there is a proven jailbreak for it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jaggedtoaster

jaggedtoaster New Member

I believe you answered your own question.
    And just because the iPhone is getting an update, it doesn't mean the touch will.
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

It doesn't mean it, but it is highly likely. When the iPod got an update, the iPhone got it. When the iPhone got an update, the iPod got it, so one could draw conclusions.

As for the original question, you probably did answer your own question. Maybe a few random fixes too.
  4. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

officially, no it doesnt mean an update for the touch

logically, seeing as there essentially the same device give or take a few hardware components, it does mean an update
  5. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

This means that there will be a new version for the ipod touch named 1.1.3.
  6. lvlln

lvlln New Member

It's likely 1.1.3 will come for the Touch, but I hope it doesn't, at least, from looking at what's been shown of it. Customize can reorder icons just fine, and adding bookmarks to Summerboard is also possible.

What I'm waiting for is copy and paste. Seriously, when the iPhone was announced without copy and paste, the fanboys were saying, "don't worry, it'll get an update soon after release with it." And here we are, about half a year later and still nothing.
  7. Demochip

Demochip New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have heard that the new version will target hacked devices yet again, to try and disable them. I heard that Apple is trying to actually "brick" hacked devices that get the update, but I don't see how that's possible.