What do you want to see for the iPod Touch a year from now?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by toomuchcaffeine, Nov 29, 2007.

1. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What are some things you hope will be developed for the iPod touch a year from today. I would really like to see iDoom finished, not to mention more 3d games(scratch that, any 3d games at all.) There is someone working on an engine for 3d games, but it probably won't be released for about a year anyway. I am also eager to see how iTunes bought games will fair when the SDK is released in February. I wonder if they will work on jailbroken iPods. If not, we would probably find a way to make them work ;]. Anyway, it would also be cool if someone made MS Word and Excel(and whatever the mac equiv. is) compatible office apps.
  2. Rdude

Rdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I want them to have what the person above said and flash and java, but I want that on the next or one of the firmware updates. They should also open it to 3rd party apps!
  3. schnikelfritz576

schnikelfritz576 New Member

i want the mac world and the hacking world to be able to live in peace in a year

Please Register or Log in to view images

and i would want a camera and to be able to kind of like text from one ipod to the other and flash and ummmm...i guess a bigger screen would be nice and edge and more buttons to be able to play like gba and stuff and a built in mic. the only one that i could think of apple doing would be umm either the bigger screen or the camera
  4. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Flash is something I hope to see as well. I don't think Apple will ever open it up completely, but that's not exactly a problem as long as it's jailbroken ^_~. That is unless you count the SDK as open to 3rd party apps, but probably only a few trusted developers will actually get the SDK.
  5. linds

linds New Member

a better way to control music/volume
    disk mode
  6. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well I hope to see flash and java plug-ins in the near future. Definantly the allowance of 3rd party apps would be nice of apple to do. Also finger print proof screens in future iPod touches...I can't stand being in a car then the sun hits the screen and you see all these nasty finger prints.
  7. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

I would like to see 32 GB Touches, or maybe even 64 GB!
  8. monaural

monaural New Member

I want to see a custom distro of linux running the touch, multibooting osx mobile.
    I want to see development in multi-touch games, not emulators.
  9. edisonho1990

edisonho1990 New Member

i want it to be a hidden hand grenade so that when my life is on the line i can use it!

ps. some youtube video said it could be one!

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

A suction device that is in the shape of lips so my iPod can give me head whenever I want. And flash would be nice too.