iOS 4.2 What do you want to get out of the iPad?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Drewza1243, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Drewza1243

Drewza1243 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    What sort of things do you want from the iPad, especially in future firmware updates?

I'll start things off by saying that I would really like users. Like on your computer because that way, if you have a Family iPad or something like that, you can personalize it to suit yourself. You can also have your own springboard so you don't have your dad's boring puzzle games.

You also don't have to worry about other people messing with your stuff and can sleep soundly knowing that no one will go through your emails.

I think that, if it can be implemented without slowing down the iPad dramatically, it would be a great asset to the iPad
  2. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    I think its really fine as is. 4.2 will finally bring printer support. Somethingn that should have been added from the start.

If i could add one thing, then it would have to be widgets. (like Dashboard on OSX) but its something I could live with out.

Now if they could make the bezel a tad bit thinner then I would be a happy camper.
  3. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Hmm... an easy way to add fonts, a less obtrusive way to alert push notifications, an easy way to manage files, heck, a My Document folder should be fine! Upload and download capabilities to Safari. Offline web-page caching to Safari. I have 28GB free on my iPad 32GB, so bring it on!

Basically... make it more usable!

I have to jailbreak to get most of those features, and still, upload is missing. How am I gonna get my work done if I can't upload?
  4. Casiuss

Casiuss Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'd like to see that my iPad becomes a fully grown laptop replacement. ( thats never gone happen but anyways... )

iOS 4.2 makes a huge step in the right direction but thats about it.
  5. Drewza1243

Drewza1243 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yeah, that would be pretty good. I would like it to be like a bigger, interactive app. They could also open up into a more advanced version of it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

My Documents would be awesome, and being able to download and upload with Safari so you could download music and videos from Safari straight into the iPod app would be cool (but of course that wont happen because we have the iTunes Store

Please Register or Log in to view images

).
  6. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I agree not necisarilly with the features you are describing, but wi th the idea of making the iPad more open with more access. That is the only way the iPad can be a laptop maybe not relqcement, but companion where u don't feel like carrying around a laptop you take the iPad knowing you will get the same access with things like you mentioned like documents, uploading//downloading.
  7. themaster2443

themaster2443 Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I would like to see it become more student friendly. I'm a college student and with the Bluetooth keyboard support it gives it potential. These are theoretical things I would get without jailbreaking

1. A full document/powerpoint/excel editing app (not iworks) that actually saves in .docx for office 2007-2010 compatibility. Give it all features same as office

2. Dashboard or Expose

3. Widgets

4. better info bar notifications (possibly a tap on the info bar in either home or lock screen and it drops or extends to give you full system information, detailed notifications, mail, weather, etc)(not sbsettings, but similar idea)

5. Swap spotlight search for some other useful operation when swiped left (great place for documents folder)(integrate spotlight search into bar notification)

6. Driver support for SD cards, flash drives, or other USB devices

7. Better backgrounding (similar to ProSwitcher or multiflow)

8. Backlight dimming without locking the device

9. A better digital keyboard (not sure how they would redo it but I have trouble typing fast on it)

10. Full system sync through wifi, everything except music and movies, with an online database of your choice; Yahoo, Google, mobileme, Microsoft

11. Wireless iTunes sync

12. Automatic Bluetooth recognition and sync

13. UI overhaul, (I like the current UI, but there are many ways to improve it such as giving users the ability to tweak it more than just wallpaper to their taste)

14. Built in audio recording and editing app using integrated mic (with the ability to filter background noise, and volume level control)(mainly for musicians)

There’s much more I could go into, but I wont
  8. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    The backlight dimming is implemented in iOS 4.2 beta already. Now it'll dim the screen before it turns off. Quite a handy feature IMO.
  9. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

Id like to see the ipad become more absorbent