what do you think?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by berky93, Sep 2, 2008.

?

should I buy this laptop?

Poll closed Oct 2, 2008.
  1. buy it! its a great computer!

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. don't buy it. you should change the options or device.

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. berky93

berky93 New Member

title edit: tablet bought, looking for software)

well after a long time I've finally decided to buy myself a laptop. It would be extremely useful for school, plus the fact that I constantly need to move around makes it harder and harder to rely on my ipod or cell phone for mobile productivity.

after a little bit of searching, and a 5-minute test at a local costco, I think I've decided on this:

Please Register or Log in to view images

I've looked at some reviews and its supposed to be a pretty good device, and I've customized the specs online to what I would get. I still want it to be cheap (cheap as in not much more than $1000, which is why its great that I got a student discount...) and I definitely want it to have a touch-sensitive screen, considering how much photoshop and 3d cad work I'm doing for home, school, and my "secret" project (which you will hear about in a little while)

EDIT: ok so I bought the tablet, will be here september 16. in the mean time, does anyone know of any cool tablet-specific software. (I already know about physics illustrator)
    anyway please vote and if you vote no, maybe recommend some changes or a completely different device.
  2. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    its freakin sweet dude the touch screen software hp bundles with it as like handwriting recognition and note taking and a lot of other stuff...its pretty compact but it still packs a punch in case u ever wanna play some halo 2
  3. yea this laptop is sick my uncle has it and uses it for his business great for mobility as he uses it in a truck.
  4. berky93

berky93 New Member

theres a halo 2 for computer now? I didnt know it was out yet!

anyway I am pretty set on this computer, I think I'll get it soon.

thanks guys!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. berky93

berky93 New Member

ok so I just took the plunge and ordered the tablet - it will be here about September 16.

in the mean time, anyone know some cool tablet pc software? (except physics illustrator - I already know that one)
  6. iTouchCesar

iTouchCesar New Member

ever heard of the ModBook?
  7. organerito

organerito New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have that computer and it is very good. Actually, before I bought it, I was thinking about buying a Macbook, but I decided to get because of the touch screen. I don't regret it at all. Handwriting recognition works very well. If you have more questions about check the
    tablet pc forum. I use it with Origami and it very cool.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/
  8. berky93

berky93 New Member

I dont need a laptop anymore - this ones on the way.

and thanks for the tip organerito.