What do you reccomend?

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by Ari., Jun 12, 2009.

1. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hey,

Type (In ear/Ear bud/Circumaural/Supra-aural): Anything will do.
    Budget: £1-£150
    Musical preference (What do you listen to?): Rock, D&B, screamo, some heavy.
    Headphones preference (Quite bassy, detailed, warm, bright, forward mids etc...):
    Any other details: I want something that looks nice, has good base, good sound quality, noise cancelation, preferably go quite loud (more movies), controsl to skip music like the iPhone headphones and maybe mic.

Thanks!

edit

I did have Skullcandy, though they are good sound, they break really easy and the plastic seems low quality

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. lakers123

lakers123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    how bout the beats by dre their sexy and are noise canceling and sound really good. they are on the expensive side though (about $200-300 i think) o and u can try them out at best buy or apple store
  3. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Thanks, ill look online, closest apple store is 2 hours away :9 (i live in UK)

EDIT

whoa. they are sexy.
  4. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    They supposedly have durability issues though.

There is a stickied thread for this, it's the [thread template].
  5. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    really im sorry

ill check it out.

hmm yeah for something so high priced i wanna make sure they don't break easy or stuff.
  6. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Lol the goal was to post in that thread. But since this is here, it isn't doing much harm. Hm there aren't any good headphones that I know of that have the controls. I'll leave the model specifications to chung, but I can just give you some general stuff.

IEM's (that go in your ear) tend to have better noise isolation then over ear headphones. So if that is a big priority you're going to want to look into IEM's.

EDIT: Actually i lied, here's a specific one. I'm not sure about these specifically, but I have the Pro version and am very pleased with them. Noise isolation is great.
  7. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I fail

Ok yeah, i alwasy thought headphones were best for noise cancelation

So yah controls arnt to important just saves me pulling iphone out when i wanna go back or forward 1 song

8. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Edited post. check that out. Unfortunately I don't know the dollars to pounds conversion but it should be in your price range.

The dual drivers produce great bass, since one is purely bass and the other is mids and highs.
  9. div^

div^ New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    As for controls you could simply get some of this
    http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/smarttalk

Bose phones have realy good noise cancelling but the sound lacks - you have to get to a store and listen to them before you are acctualy buying a pair of these - also they are pretty comfortable

Otherwise You could also use Isolation instead of cancellation - Its currently pretty late over here so I am kinda to tired to think about all the headphones and which ones to recommend for your sound signature - i will leave that up for tomorow or others

10. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad